You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am trying to test the Assets pane in Affinity Designer, to put an identical object in different files. I have created a group of forms with text inside one form, have added constraints to the group, so that the text stays at the same place when put in the Assets pane, then added it to the Assets pane. When I drag this new asset back in the document, its size is double that of the original, and I can't seem to find a way to change it. Is there a way to create assets of the exact same size as the original?

Wow, never mind! I just downloaded the latest update, and I don't even have to add constraints to anything! Never saw something that simple! I just drag the object or group in the pane to add it, and when I put it back in the document, it's exactly the same! Thanks guys!

Ah, talked too soon. Actually, the problem is happening in some files and not others. In some of my file, I have to constrain objects with text so that the text stays at the same place when it is put back down, and the size of the object is double that of the original. And in others, I just have to put the objects in the pane, and put it back, and everything works. Any idea about what could cause this difference?

• 2 years later...
On 10/7/2016 at 12:25 AM, Glyphs said:

Hi, 

I finally found how it happened (but not why...). I sent you the video, which can easily be reproduced, but I can also send you the test file if you need.

Hi, 

I'm also searching for any ideas how to set constraints for Affinity Assets, can you please share your findings? :)

On 9/16/2019 at 12:27 PM, NaLa_TU said:

Hi, 

I'm also searching for any ideas how to set constraints for Affinity Assets, can you please share your findings? :)

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying. As this thread is 3 years old, I suppose the PM I sent at the time has been deleted, since I can't find any trace of it. Same for my video. These days, I don't have too many troubles with assets in Designer. When an old asset looks wrong in the Assets panel, I place it onto an image, correct it, then delete the old version, and put the corrected one in the Assets panel. I don't add any constraints to it.