You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have had Affinity Photo for several months. No major issues. After receiving a promo email I have just purchased Affinity Designer which downloaded and installed OK. On first attempt to open, the app crashed. Tried again, same result. Went back to Affinity Phot and tried to open it and that crashed as well. The Designer install has screwed both apps. I then used the reply in the promo email to advise Serif and ask for assistance. Advised to hold the Control key while opening and when reset menu appears to select all. Tried this with both apps but it does not work with either. HELP!

I just downloaded the version 1.5 and now I don't have a working Affinity Designer. I get an internal error message and the program just wount work! The previos version worked perfectly on my imac as of yesterday ! What can I do to go back to the previous version if this error continues?

Thank you.

I could not wait for a fix to what seems to be a problem also shared by others.

I have uninstalled both Designer and Photo then downloaded Photo afresh.

Photo is now working so I can complete what I was doing.

Will Serif fix this Designer issue promptly or give me a refund?

• Staff

Hi GulfMediaMan, steffenschnorr,

We are aware of a few issues with 1.5 release and are working to fix them all as fast as we can.

There's a new Beta (1.5.2) available here in the forums that may help to solve some of the crash issues.

Please install it and check if it does solve the problems for you. You can leave reply/feedback on that thread which we are monitoring closely. Just remember to keep the Mac App Store version installed since it's needed to validate/run the Beta.

Thanks for your post.

I don't have Designer still installed because I completely uninstalled it with CleanMyMac 3 to remove prefs etc that were presumably the issues also affecting Affinity Photo.

I cannot risk more crashes or losing Photo again so will wait until you have fixed the issues and then will re-download from app store.

I will keep this thread bookmarked so that I will know when you have sorted things out.