imacken

[Fixed] MAS 1.5 - crashes on 'Print' when gradient filled rectangle present

I have a serious problem.  The MAS 1.5 just crashes to desktop when I try to print any file that has a rectangle with gradient fill.

I can't revert to the last beta (which worked OK!) as it no longer is valid.

If I open a new file, draw a rectangle, and have a solid colour fill, then selecting File>Print is OK. If I change this to a gradient fill, AD just crashes.

Weirdly, this does not happen with the ellipse tool or the rounded rectangle.

I thought I could work round this by setting the corner in rounded rectangle to 0, but that makes aD crash as well!

I need to sort this out with at least a workaround as I have several key printing jobs to do by tomorrow!

I suppose I could save to pdf and print, but.....

Hi imacken

We've not long identified a crash whilst printing on Sierra. Any pixel information that is sent to the printer causes the crash. The gradient on the rectangle causes it to be rasterised when sent for print which is why this is occurring. Whilst we are working on getting this fixed he workaround is to export to PDF first and then print as you have already discovered

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi imacken

This is because printing the PDF from AD is sending the same pixel information to cause the same crash as printing directly from the Designer file. I probably should have given a slightly fuller explanation for which I apologise. If you print the exported PDF directly from within Preview, Reader or another PDF reader/editor, then it should print fine.

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com