woosaj

Huge performance issues on macOS Sierra - AD

Hello, I have huge problems, i just installed fresh version of macOS Sierra and performance is very poor (more details in video) in Affinity Designer, are there any options to fix this issues?

My specs are:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

CPU: 2,4 GHz Intel Core i5

MEMORY: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

GRAPHICS: Intel Iris 1536 MB

test.mov

Ok I just downloaded latest Beta version and performance is way better, so I'll be using beta version until you fix this issue.

EDIT:

After 10 mins I got same laggy response in Beta after moving object arounds. I'm going back to El Capitan :)

Hi woosaj,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Sierra. Have you gone back to El Capitan? Have you noticed a performance increase in doing so?

We've logged a few unique issues against Sierra however I don't believe any of them have been related to performance. We have one logged against selection boxes flashing when dragging but this was a Sierra issue which I believe was fixed by a recent update.

Cheers

Hi woosaj,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Sierra. Have you gone back to El Capitan? Have you noticed a performance increase in doing so?

We've logged a few unique issues against Sierra however I don't believe any of them have been related to performance. We have one logged against selection boxes flashing when dragging but this was a Sierra issue which I believe was fixed by a recent update.

Cheers

Recent update, you mean, of Sierra? I think only the GM has been released.

I get plenty of flashing and my selection boxes often disappear while an object is still selected.

This is very annoying.

Retina 5K iMac, running mac OS 10.12

post-12118-0-37069000-1477068796_thumb.png

mfsignature.jpg

I get plenty of flashing and my selection boxes often disappear while an object is still selected.

This is very annoying.

Maybe this helps you to avoid the problem till the next Sierra release. Had the same problem, till I changed the color profile.

I'm very disappointed to have just downloaded the latest beta, and I'm having laggy problems with Sierra, too. The white arrow will suddenly just stop selecting my points, or even make them appear, so I can't do anything with them. Very frustrating. Is there some way I can fix this? 

I'm very disappointed to have just downloaded the latest beta, and I'm having laggy problems with Sierra, too. The white arrow will suddenly just stop selecting my points, or even make them appear, so I can't do anything with them. Very frustrating. Is there some way I can fix this? 

Have you made the latest update to macOS 10.12.1? The problems should be gone.