You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi guys

I'm a new user of Affinity Designer.

I don't find the fill tool when i choose the option "Werkzeuge anpassen". Any ideas?

2nd question: Where can I find imported brushes? I got the message: "Import success" but don't find the new brushes.

Thanks.

• Staff

Hi Helidesign,

It sounds like you need to be in the Pixel Persona. The Fill Tool is available in Draw Persona for vector objects and the Flood Fill Tool is in Pixel Persona for all the raster objects. 

You can switch between the two persona's by clicking the icons at the top of the screen on the left. 

You will find different brushes depending which persona you are in as well.

Cheers.

post-46-0-51619900-1475653322_thumb.jpg

post-46-0-67169000-1475653322_thumb.jpg

Hi Chris

Thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate it!

I've imported some brushes (original source from the blog website affinity) the message "import successful" appears but I don't find the imported brushes :-(

Only DAUB Vector Set Vol 2 seems to be working. I need a Smoke and Fire brush.

Many thanks 

Marco

• Staff

Hi Marco,

Change to the Pixel Persona, go to the Brushes tab and clik on the dropdown there. You should find the imported brushes there.

Affinity uses two different brush engines: one for vector based brushes (in Draw Persona) and another for raster based brushes (in Pixel Persona), so you will find the imported brushes in the Brushes panel of the respective persona depending the type of the brushes you imported.