You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Good day!

Im a videogame programmer that just started to learn draw and painting. Im really interested in character design (like overwatch characters) and maybe some logo artwork (I attached 2 examples I really like).

I got Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo because I heard really good stuff for this 2 software. I really like them and feel kind of confortable with the these 2. My problem is, in the classes Im attending, the teacher uses Photoshop, and when I try to work like the rest I usually end searching internet why my work is not like theirs or if there is a tool similar to PS or if there is a feature missing.

I know these software are young and probably Im having "user bad practice" but really want to know if these are enough to do like the examples or if I need to complete them with CLIP STUDIO PAINT or PHOTOSHOP, which I read are top for sketching and inking.

Thanks for your time and sorry for my english u.u!

post-36698-0-52319700-1475610990_thumb.jpg

post-36698-0-57165800-1475610992_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Both apps are different but I'm sure you'll find similar tools within Affinity Photo that will allow you to achieve the same result. Do you have an example of something you're trying to do in AP but are unable to do so because you can't find the relevant tool or feature?

Don't forget to check out our video tutorials to see what's possible within the app: https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/photo/