You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta - 1.5.0.21 (Windows)

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability

Requirements: None

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.5 cannot be opened in 1.4, which means files created with the Windows beta cannot be opened in the Mac AppStore version of Designer, instead you will need the latest macOS beta.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed font issues
  • Fixed crash when adjusting curves in 32bit images
  • Fixed incorrect label on Slice panel
  • Changed Export workspace 'Export Selected' button to be 'Export n Slices', to match the macOS version
  • Fixed mouse clicks turning into drags (resulting in accidental snapping or duplication)
  • Changed export workspace toolbar to match macOS version
  • Fixed crash when entering File > Export > More after being in Export workspace
  • Fixed Export Setup Preset duplicate name warning missing a space
  • Fixed Corner Radius to be greyed out until you select a corner
  • Fixed Ctrl Run up not removing Export Setup Presets
  • Fixed Slice tool to cancel on Escape
  • Fixed raster clipping masks to correctly export to PSD
  • Changed PSD import to replace solid white background layers with non-transparent page
Changes between build 20 and build 21
  • Really really fixed the font issues (having the Character page open)
  • Install the missing DLL for Windows 7 users

Oh, that is a short list of fixes this time ^^

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x                              CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ

RAM: 64 GB                                                   RAM: 32 GB

GPU: RTX 3080 TI                                         GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB                       SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB

OS: Windows 11 Edu x64                               OS: Windows 10 x64

TFT: 1 x Samsung C49RG94SSU                  TFT: 2 x Lenovo

Crashes on startup sometimes, and opening old or new document with d3dcompiler missing message

Hi, I'm going to push another update in a minute to fix this. 

Thanks very much!

Unfortunately I can't change the font in the newest beta. the dropdown always closes when trying to select a font.

You've probably got the Character page open, close that first and it will work. I'm going to push another update in a minute to fix this.

Changes between build 20 and build 21

• Really really fixed the font issues (having the Character page open)
  • Install the missing DLL for Windows 7 users

Thanks ... I think! I was congratulating myself for not having bothered to download the very buggy build 19, so you can imagine my surprise and disappointment when I launched build 20 for the first time and was greeted by a message telling me that a newer build was available. crying.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Wow, fixing so quick and two builds at one day and a new/old setup icon ... does it hint anything? Pushing hard for a soon release?

You're all doing really well, fixing, uploading, giving detailed changelogs, and responding in the forum. Perfect.

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x                              CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ

RAM: 64 GB                                                   RAM: 32 GB

GPU: RTX 3080 TI                                         GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB                       SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB

OS: Windows 11 Edu x64                               OS: Windows 10 x64

TFT: 1 x Samsung C49RG94SSU                  TFT: 2 x Lenovo

Hey I have great news, Mark. I was able to launch the program again. Thank you very much for the support. I should notify Sean as well.

There was just one thing. I got this dialogue, but nothing happened after I closed it. I closed the program and reopened it to test if the dialogue will pop up again, and it didn't. It was just that one time. It feels great using this program again!

post-27616-0-04063200-1475514147_thumb.png

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hello, first of all congratulations upon such a good software; I am eager to see it ready, though I am already adventuring on serious work with the beta.

Until now I was waiting to see if my Wacom Bamboo (CTL-470) pressure sensitivity would be recognized in the beta releases - the workaround presented in this post https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/22815-no-wacom-friendly/   couldn't work for me as the Wacom Tablet Properties for this cheaper model doesn't come with the "Application" option.

But until the 1.5.0.19 release I was being able to use my pen as a mouse and after it the moment I grab my Wacom Pen the program crashes. It is still crashing in 1.5.0.21, the error code is: 0x80131516.

I will gladly adopt Designer as my main vector tool, and will love to see my poor Wacom recognized.

Shall I post this complain also in the "no-wacom-friendly" post?

Many thanks in advance!

Federico de Aquino

Affinity Designer build 1.5.0.36 on Windows 10 Pro Build 14393.479  - Intel Core i3-2330M 2.20GHz CPU -  4,00 GB RAM - 64-bit - Wacom Bamboo CTL-470 (driver 5.3.5-3)

Affinity v1.5.0.21 crashing and will not start on a Windows 7 x64 8 GB RAM system.  The previous beta v1.5.0.2 installed and ran fine. I installed v1.5.0.21 today, installed Netframework v4.6.1 and rebooted.

When Affinity first starts, it gives me a message about Aero is not enabled and will cause rendering problems and slow performance. I had this same message under v1.5.0.2 but the Beta ran fine.

This new version 1.5.0.21 will not even open up. I have the latest AMD Radeon HD drivers as of last week.

I'm very glad that all is going well again. Anyway, I do want to point out two minor bugs I caught. They're just minor, so no worries.

1. Locked layers can still be drawn on.

2. When the brush tool is selected, I cannot change the width size in the Stroke tab unless an object is selected, but I can change the width from the context toolbar.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hi,

Thank You and great work! Soft is awesome!

I would like to ask about clip to canvas - with multiple artboards it is always clipping (can't switch this off) - it makes problem if i would like export to pdf with bleed.

Normaly i would setup for example 3mm bleed in document setup - create for example 2 artboards - for poster and for leaflet. Then if i would like export pdf for each artboard i can't do this with bleed (artworks are always clipped to artboards).

Workaround is create temporary new dokument with one artboard, copy / paste - and then export - when in document is one artboard clipping work properly (i can switch this on/off) and bleed is exporting properly in pdf.