You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I meant "Swatches" not "Swathes." 

If you edit your original post and click on 'Use Full Editor', you should find that you are able to correct the topic title and the topic tags.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks. At least I wish that I could copy an object from another doc and have the color (by its name) appear in the color swatches of my current doc. This would be very helpful since otherwise I must create the color from scratch in my current doc. While AD is a fantastic relief from Illustrator, I believe that a few fixes in dealing with swatches would help. 

We have to delete swatches one at a time in the Swatches panel because we are not allowed to select more than one swatch at a time, right? I suspect this is because if we could select more than one this would create ambiguities when choosing a swatch to use -- which one we wanted to use would be unclear.

So, what about requesting a new feature, a Swatches Manager, to resolve this? I think it could enable several other improvements over the Swatches panel UI, too. One would be rename in place, similar to how that is done with a double click on a layer name, which would do away with the need for the tedious modal rename window we have to use now.

It also might be a better place for the import/export options & some of the other things that clutter up the Swatches panel menu.

Anybody think this is a good idea?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

A Swatches Manager sounds like a great idea, R C-R!  I hope we will see this implemented.  It's not a critical feature but it would be one of the things that make a program a joy to use, which always leads to user praise to others, which leads to....

• 8 months later...

Has there been any update to allow you to delete multiple swatches? I was scratching my head over this one myself and sure there had to be a way. I only like to see the swatches I am actually using in any document. (One of the first things I used to do after an Illustrator install was delete every swatch and re-save the default AI files.) As it stands, I'm finding it quite painful to manage limited colour pallets in Designer. The 'recent' colour swatches are useful, but can't always be relied upon.

• 3 years later...

Is there a way to do this now? Because I just seem to have accidentally cleared my document palette without realizing. I was using it in a tutorial and a little while later I want to pick another color and all 8 colors I had in there were gone. Maybe I hit some key combination that caused the palette to be cleared? I'd love to know so I can avoid doing it again accidentally.

3 hours ago, KarinvdB said:

Is there a way to do this now? Because I just seem to have accidentally cleared my document palette without realizing. I was using it in a tutorial and a little while later I want to pick another color and all 8 colors I had in there were gone. Maybe I hit some key combination that caused the palette to be cleared? I'd love to know so I can avoid doing it again accidentally.

Is the palette itself missing, or is the palette still there but without any swatches in it?

You can certainly delete complete palettes (hamburger icon, choose delete palette), but I don't think you can remove multiple colors from a palette in one operation. And, of course, for a document palette, switching to a different document would give you either no document palette or one with different colors.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1