You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Even tough i have a tablet im not good with it - in other apps smoother/less precise drawing options always saved me, and when not Lazy Nezumi.

Unfortunally Lazy Nezumi isn't working with my particular tablet+affinity beta on windows, and AD's default smooth while good isn't enougth for my terrible jibbling lines.

So like i do 90% of the time i go with the pen tool like im used to...

But i can't for my life find how to apply brushes to curves made with the pen.

Am i missing something?

And if im not how thats not allowed? I mean, since brush tool also create curves, i tought that wouldn't make a difference how i created a curve.

Surely pen misses pressure and speed of a stylus so i can get not having that- but vector brushes should apply to curve right? Is there a more hidden menu option for it?

If there aren't is there any work around? Heck, i wouldn't mind to lock curve editing to apply a brush if thats what it takes. Took me a long time tracing a image (im loving AD, can't stop using it!) that i planed to use with a brush... im stuck now. Any ideas?

But i can't for my life find how to apply brushes to curves made with the pen.

Am i missing something?

Simply selecting the curves in the document and then clicking on a brush in the Brushes panel works for me. If that doesn't work for you, a workaround would be to draw a brush stroke, copy it and then choose the 'Paste Style' option on the Edit menu to apply the copied brush stroke to selected curves.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I love you.

I love the affinity team too.

Guess im still habituated to bloated interfaces and sub-menued-hidden operations, can't believe how i missed that.

I work with ui/ux and i can see how that came from my expectations, previous mental models.

I was deceived by the stroke properties window, expecting it to hold full control and options on strokes - makes sense, but would be redundant given the list is already at the brushes panel.

Sorry for the dumb question, thanks a lot for the quick answer!

You can also convert lines to brushes or brushes to lines in the Stroke panel. Those icons on the top will do the converting. Plus, while there isn't really manual line pressure for the pen tool, you can still change the weight variation in the Profile option in the Stroke tab as well.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!