Sign in to follow this  
Brian D

Frustrating trackpad issue since Sierra update

Since updating to Sierra, AP and AD seem to have trouble recognising when I've released a slider. The sliders also snap back to the original position they started in once I do let go.

If it doesn't recognise I've left go at all, then it will continue dragging the slider around until I tap elsewhere.

Macbook Pro 15", 2014, integrated graphics.

Better Touch Tool installed but disabled for Affinity apps.

Wacom drivers had been installed but are now removed.

Tap to click and three finger drag are activated in system preferences.

The Affinity apps are the only place this issue is present.

It's very odd - a number of us in the office have basically the same MacBook Pro (there are 2 * 2015 models, a 2014, 2013 and 2012 Retina) with Wacom drivers installed on Sierra and we're not seeing this issue at all? We don't have 'Better Touch Tool' installed - maybe we could try installing it and seeing what happens?...

I've completely uninstalled Better Touch Tool, a little annoyed with myself for not trying that first instead of just disabling it.

The slider issue seems to be fixed — other than that weird issue I've had since day one where incrementing a number with two finger scroll always jumps one number higher or lower — so I guess it's Better Touch Tool. Pity, I've used it for years but it's gotta go if it's slowing down my work.

Hello, I've just got Affinity Photo and was having the same problem, when I found this post. Your clue that this problem might be related to BTT was very helpful, so I tried the setting of the annexed file - Optimize for three finger drag (it was in Default before) and everything worked fine, both BTT and Affinity Photo. Hope this helps.

BTT setup for three finger drag.jpg