You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving assets between subgroups impossible

Hi Affinity team,

I just noticed that it is practically impossible to move items between subgroups in the assets panel. After creating a new subgroup, the first item may be moved, but after that no further changes are possible. If needed, I can send you a screencast of the problem.

While we are at it, why can't I reorder my assets? I would've thought that one could simply reorder them like layers in the layers panel.

Regards

Chris

• Staff

Hiya Chris,

Thanks for reporting this, it does indeed seem to only let you drag one item in and then fails to work on subsequent drags, i've got this bug logged.

I'm not sure if it's intended for you to be able to drag assets or not, but I'll get an improvement logged for the developers to look into.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

You need to hold down ALT to reorder asset items.

I see! That works perfectly. However, it's still a little confusing. Adding the first object to a subgroup works without pressing ALT, but adding additional objects doesn't. Not a deal breaker, just confusing, because there is no hint for the user to use the ALT modifier key.

• Staff

I see! That works perfectly. However, it's still a little confusing. Adding the first object to a subgroup works without pressing ALT, but adding additional objects doesn't. Not a deal breaker, just confusing, because there is no hint for the user to use the ALT modifier key.

Hah, yeah I should have explain myself more clearly. Holding ALT down is the proper way, so allowing the item to move to an empty subcategory was unintentional and that was the bug. We think having a modifier would prevent accidental rearrangement. :)

You need to hold down ALT to reorder asset items.

Is there such a "secret" as well for re-ordering slices in Export Persona? Unfortunately I haven't found a way to do so. 

Affinity Designer | Affinity Photo | Affinity Publisher

macOS Sierra 10.13.6;
MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.