Need your help;-) which version is more sinister, more scary? It should be a book cover (Thriller). Thank you for your opinions, comments … :ph34r:

(the subtle differences can be found in the face)

post-11017-0-72529000-1475013395_thumb.jpgpost-11017-0-55141800-1475013396_thumb.jpgpost-11017-0-08752900-1475013397_thumb.jpg

Illustration & Grafik bodobe.de

The first one does it for me. It's all in those wonderful eyes that you draw: in the second version, the extra red areas on the face distract attention from the eyes, and in the third one the eyes can't be seen clearly.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

I vote for the third. I like the filters added on the first and third. The second is most detailed but it is too saturated compared to the other two and since you are trying to portray a horror theme. (The colors are always toned dark in horror movies, and not fully being able to make out the face or minor details can make the picture look more scary.) In the second and third, it looks like you have a shadow of a man on the face's forehead which can't be seen as well on the first. I imagine it is supposed to be noticed. Also, the dark eyes on the third actually works for me. Since this is horror, the rules of photography may bend a little. It's all about the scare.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I vote for the third too. It's more sinister to me as it's not as clearly visible (as bleduc already mentioned) and that creates tension.

It might be different if they eyes would be less human (monster eye, or something like that), then i might go with the first one too. But that might miss the whole theme/topic of the book of course.

I agree with the others, I think the first and third are the best for the same reasons already mentioned. I find the lighter "spots" above his head a little distracting (specially on the second and third). Maybe this could be toned down a little more as in the first...

No. 3 is the sinister one, in my opinion.

I think that that you don't get eye contact is threatening. No hope of getting any sympathy and that is scary. As simple as that.

- Affinity Photo 1.6.7

- Affinity Designer 1.6.1

MacBook Pro 8 GB
MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.2