You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.5.0.18 - wont export current preset

Tried to export a slice but AD memories the last preset and not the current preset selected.

STEPS>

1.Create Slice

2.select preset to .PNG

3.click export selected

4. the slice is export as .png -- OK

5.change preset to .jpeg

6.click export selected (same slice)

7.export again as .png

Respect

• Staff

Hi adirusf,

In Step 5 you've said 'Change preset to .jpeg'. From what part of the application are you changing this from is it from the Export Options: Defaults Panel? Could you attach a screenshot? I've tried it myself and it works as expected when changed in the slices Panel 

Edited by Patrick Connor
extra description added

• Staff

Hi adirusf,

This is not actually a bug. What you're changing is the default for any newly created slice (as noted by the default option selected). However there is a bug that the options under 'Selected' should be enabled with a Slice selected, which they're not at the moment.

To change the format you will need to use the Slices tab. This is incredibly powerful as it allows you to output multiple formats at different sizes and names. If you take a look at my attached screenshot it should give you more of an idea of how it works.

To change the export format of the current slice you will need to expand the Slice name and then select your format from the dropdown.

If you wish to add an additional format click the + button at the very bottom (on my screenshot).

If you wish to add an additional size of the same format click the + button that is indented (below the 2x dropdowns).

To change the size of an export you can change the scale dropdown (noted by the 1x, 2x). 

Clicking the filename also allows you to change how filenames are created

Clicking the path box allows you to create a custom path layout for your slice

We are hoping to have a tutorial available soon for the new Export Persona, however in the meantime take a look at the Help file and also have a little play around with the options shown in my screenshot.

post-37-0-25397400-1475048263_thumb.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.