You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In attempting to grab the cloned area, I followed the rule using Alt + Mouse. However, the only way it would operate consistently was to allow both the Alt and Mouse to be released at the same time. Is this the proper procedure?

• Staff

I have the Windows Beta Versiion for Affinity Designer, but the CLONE icon is totally missing on the left command bar; is this correct?

The clone brush is only present in Affinity Photo, not Affinity Designer - currently there's no Windows beta of Photo available to download. We're aiming to get the Photo beta out before the end of the year, sorry for the confusion.

Diggs, not sure I follow what you mean regarding consistency - what I tend to do is Alt + Click as usual then release the click ever so slightly sooner than Alt. This ensures that the click (choosing the actual clone source) actually registers.

As far as I can tell, that's how I would expect the clone brush to work; the modifier (Alt) to enter the source picker mode, then a full click and release of the left mouse to pick the source. Holding Alt after the click will of course cause it to remain in source picker mode - is that what you're referring to?

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials