You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Smart Objects for Mockup and Portfolio Reasons

Hi,

I would like to buy your Affinity Photo and use it instead of Photoshop, but the most important thing for me are smart objects which I can use in photoshop for mockups to portfolio.... There are many free psd mockups for graphic designer, so we can just add some layer to the smart object, and it will be displayed on the 3d mockup.

Now the question is -- Is it also possible in Affinity Photo?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Guys! 

This is nice one, I know everyone goes functionality but this one is also of a great necessity. 

Will Affinity 1.7 offert possibilities to create mockups? Or should we wait another year? 

I'm not talking smart objects but more focused on what is life saving for Graphic designer. 

If no way to work on smart objects yet... Please put something will enable us to upgrade and do better. 

It's not funny to design with Affinity then proceed with Photoshop when we try to not use it. 

@Ben, @MEB, @MikeW@Fatih19 any input regarding this? 

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

6 minutes ago, MikeW said:

I've never used smart objects. I see no need for what I use an image editor for.

I see., maybe a preference but it's really of great interest for a lot of graphic designers out there. 

I have browsed a little bit and found that there is a tool already existing in both photo and designer that can make this possible but requires a particular attention to become usable. 

Check here https://www.trailway.co/blog/live-perspective-filter-in-affinity-tutorial

À tune up of that tool will save life of many creators using Affinity products when needed to share or publish their work on portfolio or social networks. 

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

I have no preference one way or the other. It's just not something I would use for work. The only mockups I have made have been (mostly) product box-shots to show other users how to do it. If I were ever to do it again I might try using the perspective filter in APhoto, but I haven't yet even tried it.

Smart Objects as regards Photoshop support has been requested before. Once linking is supported, placing an AD file into another AD file (or an APhoto file in AD or whatever combination) is like Smart Objects. 

Arnaud Mez

À tune up of that tool will save life of many creators using Affinity products when needed to share or publish their work on portfolio or social networks. 

I am curious about what else you need tweaking. Would you please explain what you mean?

17 hours ago, p_mac said:

Arnaud Mez

I am curious about what else you need tweaking. Would you please explain what you mean?

Hi @p_Mac

I mean just to make it more user friendly and less technical than it is and how smart objects are. 

Everyone should find it easy and fun to be used thus allowing anyone to not only be creative with his own design with mockup too. 

I believe few designers would like to specialize on creating mockup base and make money selling it or just sharing to help others 

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF