You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tutorial - 3D LOTUS FLOWER - LIGHTS AND SHADOWS

• Staff

Brilliant!

Having spent days, weeks even, making the Shape tools, it's great to see them being put to use.  On question though - did you try using the Crescent shape for making the petals?  I'd never have imagined anyone using the Tear shape in this way.   :)

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

I was now trying to use the Tear shape and I must admit that if I had used it, I would have saved more time. Thanks for the tip. I have to spend more time exploring the "shapes"

Yes, I think the shape tools are very, very useful. We can save a lot of time making certain forms what otherwise would take longer to do.

Thank you for your dedicated time to do this feature. Precious!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yah, I know why I can't seethe post because my chrome browser does not support the embed but if I view it in safari it shows up fine. This why I supply the link along with the embedded video in my posts.

Hmmm, that's very confusing! :S  I only use Safari (because I just can't be bothered to try anything else!) but it's a bit weird that this doesn't work based on what browser you're using?!?

I know I was surprised too. Let me check my settings. I might have some sort of security enabled on that browser.