You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BUG 1.5.0.17 Grouping constrained objects disappear sometimes

What the title says.

I can't reproduce it every time, but it happened to me 4 different times in the last 3 hours.

Im uploading a file, all you have to do is group all the contents, and the constraint bounding box will jump away.

Most of the times it jumps out of the screen so the whole group just dissapears.

BUG-group.afdesign

• Staff

Hey Highvoltage,

I can see the bug in your file but I can't seem to reproduce it. If I ungroup the Button and Rectangle layer and re-group them and then group the entire thing, it doesn't happen.

It doesn't seem to happen on the Mac so I'll pass the file over to the Windows development team.

I have replicated it on the Mac. 

Thank you.

Ok, i now can replicate it every time:

Create Artboard,

Create a few objects

Change a constraint option on any of the objects

Drag and make a copy of the artboard

Group the objects on the new artboard

The whole Constraint group will jump out of the artboard the same offset as you dragged the artboard away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I use constraints a lot (for UI design work) and it happens all the time. The best workaround I know of is to manually reset the constraints of all individual objects.

An obvious bug that exists for a long time along with many others. Looks like Serif's priorities are elsewhere now.  :(

• 4 months later...

I also have this problem. I kinda did the same as here: 

On 9/28/2016 at 1:08 PM, Highvoltage said:

Ok, i now can replicate it every time:

Create Artboard,

Create a few objects

Change a constraint option on any of the objects

Drag and make a copy of the artboard

Group the objects on the new artboard

The whole Constraint group will jump out of the artboard the same offset as you dragged the artboard away.

• 3 months later...

I have this problem too, please fix this ^_^

Can someone give a workaround what to do, if it happens? Right now my solution is to not group those items, which is somewhat less than perfect...

The workaround I use is to first manually remove all constraints from the desired objects and restore the x-y arrows in the Constraints panel, then group them. It's time consuming, I know, but I hope it works for you.

Alas. I still wonder why there are no responses from Serif for well over one year now. This is just one of a collection of very nasty bugs with constraints, objects and artboards that were never addressed.

• 1 month later...

Version 1.6.4 contained a fix regarding this issue:

- Fix for failures when using compound objects inside groups with Constraints set on them.

Haven't had the chance to run into it since then ;) so can't confirm if it's fully fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having the issue as well... on 1.6.1 OSX 10.13.4 (17E202)

working with Artboards, and constrainted Elemenets... but maybe i found a workaround... 

I want to group 5 images, 2 rectangles, 1 text element and 1 embeded document

when i group the images first, and then add the other elements one after the other in the layers window, it works, means the group doesn't disappear, it remains visible... 

• 2 months later...

Damn i'm so happy i've switched to Sketch 2 years ago, when Affinity went out of beta. It was a good move i see now.

I still up to this date get email notifications from bugs i reported, never fixed. These were annoying workflow crushing bugs.

• Staff
On 7/31/2018 at 1:48 PM, rubs said:

By now I assume they are not bothering with this problem and many other serious bugs that were reported a long time ago. They are too busy developing new products..

On 7/31/2018 at 2:54 PM, Highvoltage said:

Damn i'm so happy i've switched to Sketch 2 years ago, when Affinity went out of beta. It was a good move i see now.

I still up to this date get email notifications from bugs i reported, never fixed. These were annoying workflow crushing bugs.

Hi,

TLDR; Just because we haven't fixed your issues yet, doesn't mean we're not working hard and fixing important bugs.

I'm genuinely very sorry that you've been impacted by these issues that affect your productivity and I really do apologise that they have clouded your enjoyment of the product to such a large degree. No reported bugs are ever forgotten, nor are they ignored. They will be fixed as soon as we can get to them. As you're aware, these issues haven't been addressed yet and they are important for your use-case. I know I'm probably asking the impossible, but do also consider that there were other issues that may have been similarly adversely affecting users in other areas of the application and that we have been fixing all of these issues as quickly as we can.

Again, I know my apologies will go no way towards making you feel better, but you have them anyway - and also my reassurance that the issues will get tended to.

Many thanks,Matt

Thanks for listening, and thanks for your answer. AD is my main design tool, I use it on a daily basis. I'm a big advocate of it among fellow designers, and I've already produced hundreds (thousands?) of work files with it. So I'm not going anywhere soon ;) But I feel it's important to know whether these showstoppers will be addressed or not (and when), but I'm not seeing any answers.

Please look here for more thoughts.

Thanks again.

• 6 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.