You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Small brush strokes = not possible

Hello everyone,

Im just starting to learn concept art and its really fun! I decided to go with Affinity software because I read it is a promising new software and its available for mac, but im having some issues with some "stuff" Affinity software cant do and PS (the instructor use PS for classes) can.

1.- Sketching brush: When learning about character design, I was having lots of trouble to find a good brush (Im totally new to art) and the instructor had this really nice clean brush like doing anime characters. I read Clip Studio Paint, its top notch in this area, but don't know.

2.- Small brush strokes: When finally learn how to set my brushes ok (Thanks Paolo Limoncelli!), wanted to sketch some. But when trying to do small strokes, only could get "dots" instead of nice lines. Im attaching pics for explain.

3.- Sorry for my english!

Im really interested in character design, but want to do the sketching in Affinity software.

Thanks for your time!

post-36698-0-75604600-1474503792_thumb.png

post-36698-0-12927800-1474503793_thumb.png

• Staff

Welcome to the forums.

You can import extra brushes into Affinity as long as they in a .abr file format, I'd also recommend checking out the Resources section as others users post links to some great brushes that available.

Are you using a mouse or a stylus and tablet for brush strokes, if a stylus have you made sure the set to us pressure, which can be done through the Stoke tab. Check to see if you have the current bets installed.

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee,

I always have pressure on when using the stylus. Im working with a Intuos Draw tablet and this brush settings (see attach). 

I used several settings (both in photo and design), but always the same: When trying to do a small line (small movement when sketching) only got a dot.

Hope you can help!

Thanks

post-36698-0-25610300-1474669884_thumb.png

post-36698-0-24642000-1474669913_thumb.png