You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo: Solid Foundations course updated at Udemy

Hi,

I wanted to let people know that I've added about an hour and twenty minutes of practice videos to the course, which takes the total time to about 9 hours worth of content. I've uploaded all the photos that I use so you can have a go at the exercises. I recently added most of the photos I use for the original videos so you can follow along with those as well.

The course price won't change and of course this is all free to existing users. I just wanted to make the course better. You can check it out here: https://www.udemy.com/affinityphoto-solid-foundations/

Thanks for your time,

Drippy Cat

Hi Daniele. This is a tricky one. If I adjust the course to account for a beta build, I may then have to readjust it for the next beta build, and the next one, and so on. I'm worried that I'll end up with a course that's impossible to keep both up to date and consistent. I think it best if I base the course content on what has been officially released by Serif.

I believe that the 1.5 release will be the first official PC release and I'll be all over that when it happens, and will be updating the course accordingly. If the official release still does not contain a clone brush tool then it would be something I'd address then. I'm sorry if this is a disappointment for you.

***UPDATE***

Since my courses deal with Affinity Photo and not Affinity Designer I assumed Daniele was referring to Affinity Photo in his question to me. I got that wrong. Different products have different tools, which is a very good reason why the clone brush tool would not appear in the 1.5 beta of Affinity Designer for Windows. I'm keeping the first part of this post as it originally was rather than editing it to say something else, so that the thread makes sense.

• Staff

Daniele
The Windows beta version is for Affinity Designer... The course is for a different product, Affinity Photo. They have different features and tools. A beta for Affinity Photo for Windows has not started yet, but when it does it will have the same features as the released Mac version.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Daniele. If you want to learn about Affinity Designer then I'm afraid my courses on Affinity Photo are of little use to you. I don't like to think that you are out of pocket on this. I believe you can apply for a refund within 30 days on a Udemy course and here's the link that explains that: https://support.udemy.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1507981-refund-a-course?b_id=3056 . If you have no luck there send me a private email and I'll see if there's a way I can refund you myself.

Regards,

Drippy Cat

• Staff

As a moderator I have tidied this thread, I hope it reads OK to all involved.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon