Sign in to follow this  
Schubi63

Export Person: show element / show element in export does not work correctly on canvas

Either I don't get the point or it is a bug:

- i have several layers

- in one layer are all my "exportables"

- then there are 2 more layers with measure/orientation/mask/background stuff inside

In Export Persona there is this awesome possibility to choose "Show element" and "Show element in export". 

Now I want to configure my export stuff (exportables) by setting them to "visible in export" and don't have the 2 unneeded layers in my export: so I turn off "visible in export".

Although all 3 layers are still set to "visible" the canvas hides the content of the 2 layers that are only configured to hide their content from export. Not from the canvas I wanna work on.

(See attached images) 

The navigator instead behaves as expected (shows me the content of all 3 layers).

Thanks in advance,

Stefan.

post-26509-0-35985300-1474402596_thumb.png

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;

MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM

Hi Schubi63

This is intended.  The export persona is a preview for what is going to be exported, so by hiding it from the export you are also hiding it from the preview. However if you switch back to another persona you will see the object again. The Make Item Visible option hides the layer app-wide so it will also be hidden in the other personas. 

The navigator panel is showing you the full document instead of an export preview which is why this shows all the elements still.

Hope that helps towards clearing it up

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hmm ... okay. Thanks for clearing it up.

But in my case, how can I see (check) my content if positions are correct etc when the icons (content) are white? At least I would expect a transparent (checker) background. But right now, I cant see anything and so I have to enable "show in export" for my background layer ... and it happens again and again, that I forget to switch the background off again. That stalls a bit the workflow.

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;

MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM