You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Could you please tell me why this logo is not vectorized in Adobe Programs?

Hey guys,

I need to send this logo to a company for some marketing materials, but he tells me it's not vectorized in his programs, even though i can save it in any size in affinity without losing quality of the image.

Could someone tell me what to do or send me a proper version? I'm really not into design stuff, so it would be really great if I'd get an easy answer, haha.

Thank you guys in advance!

Regards

Andi

Logo_Var_3.afdesign

• Staff

Hi Andi,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

It's being rasterised because you have added Layer Effects (FX) to the objects. All layer effects force the rasterisation of the layer(s) they are applied to.

You can replace the Outline FX effect with a stroke. Select/highlight the text then go to the context toolbar and select a width and a stroke colour for the stroke at the end of the context toolbar (on right).

You can also apply gradients directly to the objects and text Fill colours, removing all FX from you design entirely. Here's how to apply gradients to objects.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Have you tried it, MEB, and then open the result in AI?

post-255-0-52464400-1474392513_thumb.png

The text is editable in the SVG in AI and in AD. It is separated from the outline, but that is something that should not happen in the SVG, either. 

I did add the AD file. But didn't know whether the OP had the Mac beta installed. The SVG was just to cover bases and to show that the file would be replicated without the FX and output as vector.

MEB, did you read my comments in the other thread, or download the ZIP?

Basically removed the FX and unclipped the "sun" and "house roof," changed the gradients to remove the intermediate stops, added outlines directly to the text--and removed the spaces for the 'L' character and re-positioned it. And whatever else I may be over looking.

The outlines around the text export to SVG as curves. With way too many points around some of the characters. Why AD cannot export the AD file I provided with outlines on the text is something I do not understand, but it shouldn't happen.

But it is still vector in AI.

• Staff

Sorry. I read your comments but missed your file in your other thread (don't know why have you posted there...?)

I got the impression you didn't have edited the file but you did tweak it and removed the FX before exporting which explains the results you're getting. All ok then, thanks.

Sorry. I read your comments but missed your file in your other thread (don't know why you have posted there...?)...

Simple reason. I read and responded to that thread first. When I came back to the forum that was the thread I opened to reply to even though the file came from this thread.

I'm sure you guys just wanted to help me - but you managed to make me even more confused that I have already been.

So basically I need to do the whole text like new? There's no two-click solution or something? I mean it's just text!?

I'm really not good at that stuff haha.

Why should my version come from a Windows Beta? I don't even have a Windows PC haha.

My version came from a Windows computer and hence the beta as there is no released version for Windows.

If you need to supply all vector to an Adobe user, you have to remove the FX from everything that uses an FX. Which includes the text.

As for the text, after removing the FX outline and gradients, add a regular outline to the text. Done by using the Outline tab. Then set the color and weight of the outline. The gradient fill is done using the fill tool. 

Then do the remainder of the items using the same techniques above. Also, there seems no reason to use a clipping mask on the two items using them. Expand the two items (the sun and roof) one at a time, select just the clipping mask and click on the trash icon. That will delete the mask.

Mike