sachinaddy

Affinity Photo Color change while exporting to PSD

Hi team,

We're facing a major problem while exporting Affinity photo file to PSD. The colors are changing drastically in PSD. Please have a look at the attachments. We're attaching both image files and well as the Affinity photo source file.

Please check the Dropbox link for the source file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xp3120j8h1pmeys/AABkANlbpKQD85mcQhEqUmRua?dl=0

post-30865-0-80957200-1474379283_thumb.png

post-30865-0-75109600-1474379285_thumb.jpg

Eminence System : Our Digital Art Company : Portfolio

Hi sachinaddy,

I believe I've narrowed it down to the adjustments. If I open the file in PS and turn all the adjustments off, the file looks about 95% the same apart from a few minor areas.

I'll pass this over to the development team to see what is happening.

Thanks for the file.

Hi Sachin,

I opened your file in Photoshop and turned all the adjustments off like Chris mentioned and the resulting psd can be found here.

Hope that helps.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Sachin,

I opened your file in Photoshop and turned all the adjustments off like Chris mentioned and the resulting psd can be found here.

Hope that helps.

Hi.

Thanks a lot.

I just checked on my Windows (Adobe Photoshop), did you deleted the Adjustment Layer because I cannot find it in the Layer Panel.

Hiya,

I didn't delete anything, I just made the adjustments not visible as it corrected the difference in colour. 

The issue is logged with us now so hopefully you shouldn't need to do this in future versions :)

@ Admins, 

I'd like to have an update on the bugs (if) reported for Photo or Designer by us. Since, we have a big team of Illustrators, we would like to keep record of the bugs reported and shall find and report new bugs, if found. 

I don't have Windows Version of Photo yet, so can assist in Mac Version only.

Sachin

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for that, it does seem like there is an issue with clipping masks importing correctly into Photoshop, which i've logged.

We try to update forum threads if a particular bug someone reports gets fixed, you can also keep an eye on our beta version which contains the most recent bug fixes

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for that, it does seem like there is an issue with clipping masks importing correctly into Photoshop, which i've logged.

We try to update forum threads if a particular bug someone reports gets fixed, you can also keep an eye on our beta version which contains the most recent bug fixes

Thanks for logging and the link.

Affinity Photo is a great application. We will do our best to log more issues we found. Thanks. 

Can I get an early access for Windows' AF Photo? 

Having looked at the original file, the issue is to do with Adjustment layers.  Our PSD exporter was not correctly clipping adjustments.  This will be fixed in the next Beta.

Another issue is that our concept of "pass through" is different to Photoshops.  Consequently I now export PSD groups as "Normal" instead of "Pass through".  This seems to resolve a lot of the issues with this file.

There will, however, still be some subtle differences in how we apply our adjustments compared to Photoshop. So, while very close the colours are not a precise match.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB