You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

Someone help me please.

I bought this app from the Applestore official last week (49,99€).

It's installed but it does not work.

I have got a Macbook Pro with a fresh install of El C®apitan on it, version 10.11.6 (15G1004).

I got it working once last week. But ever since nothing, zero, nada, peanuts! It takes hours to load and never starts.

I got some photo work going on and I really need some help to make this app working.

Can you help please?

Thank you in advance.

Hypertron

• Staff

Hi Hypertron,

Welcome to the forums.

Can you try opening the app with the CTRL key held in, a prompt will load. Select Clear, the app should continue to open. If this doesn't work, try moving the app from Application to Trash and then try downloading it from the App Store again.

Regards

L

Hypertron,

Have you tried just restarting your Mac?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi,

I have the same problem running on a macbook with El Capitan 10.11.6. I get the Affinity logo up and then is crashed. Using the CTRL key doesn't help.

I have tried to attach the crash report, but i get an error saying " You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

All help gratefully received.

Hi everybody and thank you for your support.

I upgraded to Sierra today and did reinstall the very last version of Affinity (compatible with Sierra).

It's now working fine.

For how long? We'll see.

I'm running the app on a Macbook Pro mid-2010 / i7 with 8gb Ram + SSD Samsung Evo Pro 850 512 GB.(which by the way totally reboosted my old Mac, bringing it back to Life, giving it a second Youth and it's really working like never before- I never understood why Mac People were so cheap with their HDD - I mean I paid $3000 new for mine!!)

Hope my experience was helpful to you guys!

Y'all take care

Peace & Love in your Neighborhood!

Hypertron

• Staff

Hi Andrew,  I only have one user account on my mac and so created a new one, logged in, attempted to launch Photo and had the same issue as before.

This is good to know.

Have you tried deleting Photo and reinstalling it from the App Store?

You need to do this by opening the application folder, and drag Photo into the trashcan. Now empty your trash can. Open the App Store, go into the purchased tab, to redownload Photo again.