You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1 hour ago, Bri-Toon said:

For your number 4, we were given a glimpse of the Affinity Designer and Photo icons in place of where the personas usually are. It hasn't yet been revealed what they will do, but MattP (CEO) said that they will do something that cannot possibly be done in any other program. Interesting, yes?

Thank You so much Bri-Toon

Will wait for more to come into this forum topic and prepare myself for the release of Publisher.

I know what other says about beta versions but, i will take the risk and make Affinity Publisher our main production tool then just update again and again until it comes mature.

Other trusted Adobe products in their dark but uncertain days until now, why can't we here do the same ?

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

Arnaud, 

Re your number 5 question. The ability to have an alternate layout that can be scaled upon creation would be a nice touch. I use that function in QXP frequently. 

APub probably wouldn't have that capability in its first incarnation but it would be nice if it did or at least be placed on the road map for future inclusion. 

On 26. März 2018 at 6:25 PM, Arnaud Mez said:

4- Enable us to

a- right click on an image in the project and select "edit with photo" and after we have done necessary work in Photo just save it and see the update into the currently opened project.

Certainly we do not need to change the app (with a right click) … we can do all work in one.

On 26. März 2018 at 6:25 PM, Arnaud Mez said:

Be release under another name than Publisher

Certainly the name will be Affinity Publisher:

The Affinity Suite

Affinity Designer
Launched October 2014

Affinity Photo
Launched July 2015

Affinity Publisher
Available 2018

7 minutes ago, Oval said:

Certainly the name will be Affinity Publisher:

The Affinity Suite

Affinity Designer
Launched October 2014

Affinity Photo
Launched July 2015

Affinity Publisher
Available 2018

Hi @Oval

thank you for your inputs.

Really appreciate.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

On 3/26/2018 at 9:41 PM, Bri-Toon said:

For your number 4, we were given a glimpse of the Affinity Designer and Photo icons in place of where the personas usually are. It hasn't yet been revealed what they will do, but MattP (CEO) said that they will do something that cannot possibly be done in any other program. Interesting, yes?

Serif seem to have a strategy to tie Affinity products very close together. Just speculating here, but since Photo and Designer currently even share the same file format, would that be the case with APub as well? A new member of fully integrated Affinity family? For users, maybe the offering would be:
- get one product -> work with personas to get limited set of tools for images, vectors and layout

- get all three products -> work with with full set of tools  for images, vectors and layout

I understand Serif does not want to share too much about their future strategies. The competition is tough. But if we are foreseeing an intuitive, fully integrated pixel-vector-layout work space - that would be a game changer.

Uuuh. I hate speculations. Just did it myself. Hmmm.. the beer, maybe...

My current upgrade cost for QuarkXPress version 2018 that is to be released next month costs just a tad more than all 3 Affinity applications at full retail. 

I don't see a downside for Serif to keep the features separate. With the file format they use, one can open each products files.

10 minutes ago, MikeW said:

My current upgrade cost for QuarkXPress version 2018 that is to be released next month costs just a tad more than all 3 Affinity applications at full retail. 

I don't see a downside for Serif to keep the features separate. With the file format they use, one can open each products files.

If you are a painter, would you keep all your colors, tools and materials in different rooms and walk with the canvas from one room to another to finish the piece? :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

The analogy doesn't work, Petar. 

It would only work if I installed the 3 applications on 3 separate computers. 

Being able to just click a button and have what I am working on open in any of the 3 applications is a smooth experience. 

It is more akin to setting down one brush and picking up another or a palette knife. 

But then, I do want separate applications and you do not.

40 minutes ago, MoreK said:

Serif seem to have a strategy to tie Affinity products very close together. Just speculating here, but since Photo and Designer currently even share the same file format, would that be the case with APub as well? A new member of fully integrated Affinity family? For users, maybe the offering would be:
- get one product -> work with personas to get limited set of tools for images, vectors and layout

- get all three products -> work with with full set of tools  for images, vectors and layout

I understand Serif does not want to share too much about their future strategies. The competition is tough. But if we are foreseeing an intuitive, fully integrated pixel-vector-layout work space - that would be a game changer.

Uuuh. I hate speculations. Just did it myself. Hmmm.. the beer, maybe...

@MoreK i love your idea, really made me laugh out loud.

Serif is really re-connecting the Design and Photo world and teaching something important to other softwares out there: Alone we Go Fast but together we Go Far !

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

10 minutes ago, MikeW said:

The analogy doesn't work, Petar. 

It would only work if I installed the 3 applications on 3 separate computers. 

Being able to just click a button and have what I am working on open in any of the 3 applications is a smooth experience. 

It is more akin to setting down one brush and picking up another or a palette knife. 

But then, I do want separate applications and you do not.

Yes you are right @MikeW but remember that sometime we find it fun to have more than one computer for production and just switch from one to another so, one more time Serif did a great thing by just making it easy for us.

my case, i use one PC for Photo because image can be resources consuming when we go to a lot of layer and mask etc... just save it on the network drive and place easily place it on the Designer laptop to continu my job but... this is just me i hope no one is doing the same here

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

5 minutes ago, Arun Sarkar said:

Otherwise we will see again a PagePlus with feature like "Border", "Cutout Studio", "PhotoLab" :P

And what is bad about that? You have everthing by your hand.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Petar, because PP didn't do any of those tasks as well as they could nor as well as dedicated applications. 

And that is called feature bloat.

Arnaud, yes, I also use multiple computers. And everything I need for production is on them all.

2 hours ago, MoreK said:

Just speculating here, but since Photo and Designer currently even share the same file format, would that be the case with APub as well?

I don't want to give you the wrong information, because I do forget, but I am pretty sure it was already mentioned to us that all Affinity applications can share the same file format.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

44 minutes ago, Bri-Toon said:

I don't want to give you the wrong information, because I do forget, but I am pretty sure it was already mentioned to us that all Affinity applications can share the same file format.

I would  be very surprised if Publisher does not use the same file format as Designer & Photo, but not surprised if the file format will need to be updated to support all three, sort of like it was updated once (?) before to support some new features the original format apparently could not support.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

50 minutes ago, Bri-Toon said:

And if that is true, it's not about technical formats. It's about user experience. Making workflows shorter and making things faster. Well, that's what I hope and believe.