You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A slider feather edge like they have on Xara extreme

I used to use xara extreme before getting a Mac, I find illustrator clunky after xara and one of the xara features I like is the slider for feathering which is ready in the tool bar to use without having to go into a menu.

I have used Parallels and VM Ware fusion and not got on with them very well even on a high spec new mac, so if Affinity can even come close to Xara I shall be well pleased, hopefully it will surpass it.

They tell me Xara will not be developed for Mac, so I have to find an alternative and Affinity looks like a good candidate.

I use Xara for concept, refits and alteration drawings for my work as a shipwright, I have attached my most recent drawing done in Xara so you can see what I am looking for.

post-2472-0-04537200-1415119664_thumb.png

• 8 months later...

I used to use xara extreme before getting a Mac, I find illustrator clunky after xara and one of the xara features I like is the slider for feathering which is ready in the tool bar to use without having to go into a menu.

I have used Parallels and VM Ware fusion and not got on with them very well even on a high spec new mac, so if Affinity can even come close to Xara I shall be well pleased, hopefully it will surpass it.

They tell me Xara will not be developed for Mac, so I have to find an alternative and Affinity looks like a good candidate.

I use Xara for concept, refits and alteration drawings for my work as a shipwright, I have attached my most recent drawing done in Xara so you can see what I am looking for.

+1 for feather tool