You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Import coreldraw

• 2 weeks later...

Being a poor student I made lots of stuff in Corel. I was never a pro, and used to Corel, so I never went anywhere else. Loved the program and there are quite a number of functions from Corel that I sorely miss.  keep looking for stuff it had.

Like node reduce...

And how you could select either all objects that cross the selection box (i.e. that are only partly within the square, like AD works) or only those that fall entirely inside the box by the direction from which you're sliding. Select from right to left and it selects everything it touches, move from left to right and it selects only everything totally inside the box. Or the other way around, it's been a while. I found use for both ways. 

Anyway,

I now need to edit some .cdr files and find out I can't. I don't have a current Corel license any more, so I can't export them. On the inside the files are indeed very similar to AI. I remember some programs (vinyl cutter IIRC) importing .cdr files by changing the extension to .ai and importing them. Doesn't work with AD.

Hi DutchDude,

You can already change between the two selection "types" (all objects crossing the marquee or just the ones enclosed by it) on the fly in Designer and Photo 1.5 Beta pressing ⌃(ctrl) while you are drawing the marquee.

Thanks! I'd been searching for this. 

If you can live with a workaround, Inkscape can open .cdr files and export them to formats readable by AD.

I'll try that! If I can convert the ones I need I'm good! I don't mind spending some time.