You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thank you to the Dev team for releasing AD 1.1.2; ought to be using it hot and heavy when I begin work today.

Curious; with respect to the bug reporting, do we continue to file them same as before, even if the same behavior is observed? I know that not all bugs can be addressed in one round...

Thanks for any info on this

VCat

• Staff

Hi VCat :)

Remember that the 1.1.2 update is already older than the latest beta that you can download... We have to wait for Apple to approve and launch the updates and that takes a long time, so if you want the newest version possible, or just to check whether your bug has already been fixed, I'd recommend trying out the beta builds. We're still extremely busy fixing things and adding things and it means we have the opportunity to get everything into your hands sooner than through the App Store process. If you have any issues then please feel free to post them. However, if you're aware that the issue has already been reported and isn't explicitly mentioned as being fixed by the App Store update then it's safe to assume that it's still in the hands of the developer who is working on it, so it's not necessary to post about it again - it's already being tended to :)

Thanks,

Matt

The customer beta can be used alongside the MAS version. When the MAS version got updated, I just d/l'ed the new beta after updating the MAS version and was good to go.

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Actually the Beta builds require an installed AppStore version, because the betas are only for people who purchased the full version. The two of them appear as teo different applications on your computer (called"Affinity Designer" for the purchased software and "… Beta" for the beta build.

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

LOVE THE PROGRAM. !!!  I'm taking my hat off for you guys.

Hope you can keep up with all those questions in the forum

and still have time to do the programming though.

And please keep the forum as lively as it is now.

How do I become a beta-tester ?

Do I have to pass some sort of exam first ?

If so please let me know, love to get involved.

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

How do I become a beta-tester ?

Do I have to pass some sort of exam first ?

If so please let me know, love to get involved.

Once you download and install the beta version from the forum, you're a beta tester. All you need for the beta version to run is to have bought and installed Affinity Designer from the Mac App Store.

Other Affinity products will be available as free open betas that you can download in due course; Affinity Photo is due before the end of 2014. Cheers, Dale.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super