You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Human Power, Legacy & Supremacy

madeinxyz

Dear community,

I hope you don't feel like I'm spamming the forum with all my threads.

Today I'm sharing a project that I started today. It's going to be a series of animal illustrations who are in jeopardy of extinction.

Most cases of total extinction are leading back to human interference and neglect. 

Raising awareness is one part, committing oneself to find proper solutions is the next.

I hope, there are no grammar mistakes in this series. Hehe.

English is not my forte. 

Anyways, critiques and feedback always welcome.

Cheers, Mike

post-1539-0-22036000-1415118498_thumb.jpgpost-1539-0-35303300-1415118527_thumb.jpgpost-1539-0-18910600-1415118563_thumb.jpg

Great series. Shows how one can make a statement visually that's more impactful that paragraphs of opinions. 

(about the grammar thing, the misuse of apostrophes just gets me, esp. with "it's"  and "you're" when they should be its and your. Didn't mean to offend, just inform. I know that there's dozens of grammar mistakes I make, thankfully I have a spouse who's a proofreader :) )

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Great series. Shows how one can make a statement visually that's more impactful that paragraphs of opinions. 

(about the grammar thing, the misuse of apostrophes just gets me, esp. with "it's"  and "you're" when they should be its and your. Didn't mean to offend, just inform. I know that there's dozens of grammar mistakes I make, thankfully I have a spouse who's a proofreader :) )

Of course, no offense taken!

In fact, I appreciated the help. Thank you!

Yes, I tried to make it as poignant and to the point as possible. 

Taking away the clutter and leaving only a few words and a powerful visual was key. 

Thank you for your feedback!

Very nice! Amazing series, I really like the way the message has been illustrated!

May have to adopt something from this if thats alright with you!

Hey there,

Thanks for your feedback!

It's fine with me if you choose to adopt certain elements, like technical execution or certain moods etc.

Of course I assume that your work is not going to be a replica, haha. ;) 

I'm curious to see your work that you're thinking of! Please share if you can!

Cheers!

Seriously, I love it when there is  a strong message behind a solid execution. I really like the style you created. and the the whole polar bear iceberg thing just works. This one is done! Next project hahahah!

• Staff

I'm trying to spot the error.  If you're referring to "It's going to be a series of animal illustrations...", surely a contraction of "It is" is "it's"?

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

• Staff

I thought it was correct.... that's why I was asking where the error was.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Like the other's have said.... Brilliant stuff. Love the use of noise and the feel to the pieces. Must admit that I didn't even realise that it was a Polar Bear in the first pic (I only glanced at it if I'm honest) but on second viewing it (and studying it properly) it's a well executed piece.

I assume that it's the end of a digger's arm/shovel/bucket thing that we're seeing in the background of the POWER pic? My only criticism would be to define that more, but that's me just being niggly.

Great work, look forward to seeing more in the series!

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

Like the other's have said.... Brilliant stuff. Love the use of noise and the feel to the pieces. Must admit that I didn't even realise that it was a Polar Bear in the first pic (I only glanced at it if I'm honest) but on second viewing it (and studying it properly) it's a well executed piece.

I assume that it's the end of a digger's arm/shovel/bucket thing that we're seeing in the background of the POWER pic? My only criticism would be to define that more, but that's me just being niggly.

Great work, look forward to seeing more in the series!

George

George,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

And yes, I agree that the polar bear is somewhat difficult to identify.

That also applies to the digger. I had a hard time deciding on whether to leave it in or out and choose a different element instead (cut down trees e.g.)

Those are indeed points that I wish to tackle in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback!

Mike

George,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

And yes, I agree that the polar bear is somewhat difficult to identify.

That also applies to the digger. I had a hard time deciding on whether to leave it in or out and choose a different element instead (cut down trees e.g.)

Those are indeed points that I wish to tackle in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback!

Mike

I love the that the polar bear was hard to identify right off.  I appreciate the the polar bear one the most! Don't question or change it! It is perfect the way it is!

• 1 year later...

This was a great series of work! I really dug the concept on this one too!