You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Large TIFF files not displayed in iMac

My TIFF files made with Affinity Photo are not displayed in Apple programs including Photos, Finder and Preview. This seems to happen to files made after a certain date some time this year. The Apple tech I talked to said there seemed to be a fix by Affinity Photo. I cannot find it. How do I get this issue fixed? Thanks.

See this topic:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/22829-tiff-files-not-displayed-by-os-x-10116/

Basically, a change in the Mac OS broke the way AP was exporting tiffs, they fixed it in the 1.5 beta but not (yet?) in the production Apple Store version.  I really wish they would release a fix for the production version since 1.5 will be in beta for a while and I prefer to use the production version rather than beta.

At the moment, you have two choices to produce large tiffs:

1) use the 1.5 beta, abandoning the 1.4.2 version and hope you don't run into any issues

2) do all your work in 1.4.2 and save the .afphoto file, open the .afphoto file in the 1.5 beta and export the tiff from there.  

I'm using the second as my current workflow, making sure to work on a duplicate of the .afphoto file or not make any changes to it in the beta.  I will say the betas are pretty stable, and you may not run into issues.