You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to not make the healing tool sample all the way across the screen?

Usually when I use the healing tool in the develop persona it will sample clear across the screen. If there is a lot of healing to do this results in sampling lines cris crossing all over the image. Since the area where I want to sample from is usually close by isn't there a way to make the healing brush do it's initial sample much closer?

• Staff

Hi KipV,

The Healing Brush Tool, once selected, hold ⌥ (Option) and click to define the source area, but this is in the Photo persona. In Develop you have the Blemish Removal Tool, which again can be manually set, you click the area you wish to cover and drag the cursor to where you want to use as a source.

Hope this helps

L

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, that helps. I can see how clicking and dragging would be what you would usually want to do. How does the sampling part of the blemish tool decide where to go if you just click and don't drag? Sometimes it seems to just duplicate the length I used in the last drag but not every time.