You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.5 - Beta 14)

• Staff

YES!!  Nice implementation on the "show selection in layers panel" pref. This is going to make a big difference for my work. Thanks!

Rock and Roll!

I think we're going to modify it so that it doesn't auto-expand if you select the top level of a group (because it interferes with selection in the Layers panel) but apart from that, it's actually quite a nice little tweak... :)

I think we're going to modify it so that it doesn't auto-expand if you select the top level of a group (because it interferes with selection in the Layers panel) but apart from that, it's actually quite a nice little tweak... :)

Matt, I see what you mean.  I had a group selected that was collapsed.  Then I just changed the visibility of a layer 10 layers down from that selected and the selected group expanded.  That shoved the layer I had changed the visibility on way down from my cursor.  So when I clicked it again to toggle the visibility back it changed the visibility on another layer instead.

Mike

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Sounds good Matt and yes it is a very nice little tweak.

Now, is there any way to get that selected layer to horizontally centre itself in the panel... I know, I know I've gone too far...  ;)  :D

Hi Iagh,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You should be able to open files created in Designer 1.5 on Windows on your Mac (Designer 1.5 Beta) without issues.

Can you please upload the file you have created on Windows so we can check what's going wrong? You can PM me a link to the file or use this link to send it directly to me.

Thanks.

Hi,

it's already ok. I don't know why, but when i try to open the file from finder, it's always tell me that it's can not be opened. But when i try to open it from affinity designer, everything was ok. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.