You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is before and after view only available in develop persona?

If you have a series of operations and you want to see before/after you can use history palette to see view before certain amount of ops.

If you do layer based changes (ops that create new adjustment layers) you can click layer visibility on/off to see effect.

Filters/ops that affect pixels directly should have before/after in all of them. I just wish there were true before/after (like in PS), not just fancy slider left/right which is not too helpful. That is: the first dot should toggle before/after -- not like now just show after! It would be enough to see "before" when mouse button is down and dot hilighted.

AffP-USM.gif?dl=raw

I like how the develop persona shows all your changes with the before and after divider. Going to the history palette sort of works but is not at all preferable. I find that I have to keep scrubbing all the way to the beginning of the history then back to the end then back to the beginning. Not very efficient workflow.

If you want to compare the current edit state with the initial (or immediately after developed) state, you can create a duplicate of the photo before you begin editing, place it at the top of the Layers panel, & hide it. To compare at any time, just toggle on & off that layer. You could also use layer blend modes like difference on that layer to see changes more clearly.

Also, don't overlook the Snapshot feature -- check the builtin help for how to use it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7