Sign in to follow this  
Actimel

Cannot export PDF when dashed line with offset (phase) is present

Guys,

there is a huge bug which took mi few hours of life. If you create dashed line stroke and specify its offset (you call it for some reason phase) Affinity Designer is not able to export it as PDF. I was able to export it as SVG though.

It returns this error: "An error occurred while exporting to: XXX"

Tried to copy this objects to affinity Photo and it does not export the PDF either and fails with the same message.

Please fix it.

Thanks.

PS: I must say that since that unfortunate decision to support Windows you almost stopped working on updates for mac. I hope that you will repair such bugs and introduced missing features.

Actimel,

Thanks for your report. I will check this out.

Regarding the updates, that was an exceptional situation to ensure the Windows Beta version was released with almost the same features as the current Mac version at the time. The development never stoped but wasn't evident for those looking from outside. The Windows and Mac dev teams are different.

Since then we have released a new Beta for Mac almost every week (sometimes two in the same week).

Isn't Phase just an adjustment for the dash pattern to move it around the path?

In any case, dashed lines do export to PDF in the Windows beta and suspect the Mac beta does as well.

Mike