You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[WISH] Better polygon lasso tool

I wish a better lasso tool for polygon selections. For polygon selections in affinity photo I always have press SHIFT. I don't press SHIFT during the selection, the selection-is unfortunately closed. Can you introduce a P_PolygonSelect_Lg_N.png Polygon-Lasso-Tool like Photoshop?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/selecting-lasso-tools.html#selectwiththepolygonallassotool

That would be helpful...

Thanks  :)

• Staff

Hi dkaiser,

Check this thread. There some news coming in version 1.5:

New Marquee Modes (Polygonal, Magnetic) [NOT AVAILABLE YET]

We are committed to adding these modes in 1.5. There are already icons / modes for them in the context toolbar of the Freehand Marquee tool. At the moment, it won’t let you enter these modes - but it will in a subsequent beta build  :)

• 1 month later...

I generally find the lasso tool difficult to use. I can't quite put my finger on it. It's not the feature set, but rather how I just struggle to get a good selection without cursing, pulling out my hair and banging my mouse.

I think the marching ants (marquee) is too thick, or not positioned where I expect it to be (inside the section, outside the selection... ?).

It just seems clumsy. I love PhotoShop and Pixelmator's marquee selection tools. They feel crisp and and give me a sense of control.

Sorry, I wish I could be more specific.