You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dragging multiple constraint objects leads to craziness!

If I select multiple constraint objects (i.e., there is a parent object with children) and check "Lock children", then drag those selected objects, lots of crazy things happen to said children (see attachment). Unfortunately, a simple undo doesn't revert back to a stable state; the changes to those children seem to be disconnected from the undo stack.

In the attached photo, the frames (rounded grey lines) are the parent objects, and the rest of the objects are children. When all of those top level objects are selected, and "Lock Children" is selected, a tornado of weird changes hits the children very rapidly. I have also attached an image of those objects as they should be without errors.

Example of object hierarchy:

Parent

-> Child

-> Child

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

P.S. I am very excited to see 1.5 becoming more stable (still some work though ;))! The functionality enhancements are shaping up to be wonderful!

Cheers,

post-1853-0-65065200-1473827162_thumb.png

post-1853-0-20632400-1473827569_thumb.png

• Staff

Hiya,

So i've tried to replicate a similar document setup to what you explain and haven't had any luck replicating any "craziness", especially something that an undo wouldn't fix.

What type of constraints do you have set up on the children objects? As that could be the reason I can't reproduce it.

If you can attach me a sample file that shows the issue it would help make sure that i'm not missing anything when trying to reproduce it.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hiya,

So i've tried to replicate a similar document setup to what you explain and haven't had any luck replicating any "craziness", especially something that an undo wouldn't fix.

What type of constraints do you have set up on the children objects? As that could be the reason I can't reproduce it.

If you can attach me a sample file that shows the issue it would help make sure that i'm not missing anything when trying to reproduce it.

Well, I unfortunately deleted the file in question (I know I know, that's terrible of me as a tester). I've tried to recreate the problem and haven't been able to.

I'll post back if it happens again. Thanks for the prompt response!

• Staff

No worries, i'll poke around too and see if I can reproduce anything, but if you do get it again just upload it here, thanks!

Edit: I stumbled across a recipe where if you set constraints on specific objects inside a group, which is itself constrained to another parent object, some interesting things happen, but nothing that an undo wouldn't resolve..

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.