You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Updates NOT through App Store

I purchased Affinity Photo direct through Affinity and not through the App Store.

The version I have is 1.4.2.

I cannot find any information anywhere, either within the App or on the Affinity website, or this Forum, what the latest version should be, if not 1.4.2. Nor can I find any information which explains how I need to update. 

Are updates automatic? Does one have to download them from somewhere? Will the App tell me if an update is required? 

It would be really useful if this kind of information was displayed somewhere - at least somewhere I don't have to spend half an hour searching for and then resort to asking a question in the Forum.

I would be grateful if some kind person can de-mystify the updating process for me, and answer all relevant questions.

• Staff

Hi clownfish,

Welcome to the forums.

As Fixx as already stated 1.4.2 is our current version of Affinity Photo which is only available to purchase through the Mac App Store. Any updates we release are also downloaded from the App Store, which will usually notifiy you if any updates are available for any purchased or built in apps.

Hope this helps.

L

• 2 months later...

With AP 1.5 (and, I understand, a later 1.5.1) just recently launched, I was wondering when the update will be made available in App Store – as an update, not as a re-purchase, which seems the only current option.

Version 1.5.1 is available as an update now. If you don't see it in the MAS app Updates tab, make sure you are signed into the MAS with the same Apple ID you used originally to purchase it.

If that doesn't work, try signing out & then signing back in with that Apple ID.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Version 1.5.1 is available as an update now. If you don't see it in the MAS app Updates tab, make sure you are signed into the MAS with the same Apple ID you used originally to purchase it.

If that doesn't work, try signing out & then signing back in with that Apple ID.

Thx, R C-R,

Tried that without the intended result, but took a look behind App Store's "bought" tab (if that's the name in English version), and there it was, ready to install!

Cheers,

Jarle