You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.0.20213)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements, Features, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: https://s3.amazonaws...stomer Beta.dmg

Improvements / Features / Fixes

- Added dashed line styles and support for their import and export with all vector formats

- Added Document palettes

- Fix for intermittent crash when closing documents/application

- Improved pan/zoom performance in pencil, vector brush and raster brush tools

- Increased the hit-test area for rotation handles slightly

- Made Import/Export Brushes more obvious

- Fix for some colour controls not drawing with correct colour profile for the current document

- Ensure the document’s ‘hide extension’ property remains unaffected by saving over the top of the file

- Fixes for some SVG export issues and also added SVG viewbox export and width/height as percentage to allow for resizing to fit containers in HTML.

- Hex RGB strings can be pasted to the hex colour control with the leading ‘#’ still in place.

- Added a ‘Copy colour to clipboard as Hex’ menu item to the colour panel’s menu dropdown

Well, so much for what I had planned on doing this Morning. :D

Yesterday I saw a review of a book that's about getting users hooked on one's app. I'm not sharing it here, 'cuz you guys don't need any more help in that area. :P

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

wow, great, thank you for the fast implementation of the two hex-features! they work like a charm and help a lot.

perhaps you will find the space (in a future version) for a tiny "copy hex color to clipboard" button directly in the color panels - perhaps directly to the left of the # (doesn't need to be larger than the # itself)? this would fit nicely in ALL color panels like HSL :-D

thanks again for the great app and your support!

I found two new tools in my vector tool palette: The "Slice tool" (wich produces strange guidelines that guides to nothing logical or ghost objects) and the "Contour Tool", which both are not mentioned nor documented. I'm especially curious about the Contour tool, but I'm not able to do something with it - there appear some handles but dragging them will not do anything...  :huh:

@MEB: No "Welcome to the Forum"?  ;)

OK, it is in the draw persona and all two tools are not functional. Obviously it's a bug. Here’s the screenshot. It shows the active draw persona and an object, selected with the Contour tool...

Maybe it is because i have arranged the tools as a floating palette instead of a docked one...

Additional info: After installing the beta, the two tools appeared and displaced other tools in my palette. So I rearranged them and add the "removed" tools, like "insert picture" back.

post-1900-0-22821400-1415174377_thumb.png

• Staff

Hello guys,

It's a bug - it's showing placeholder icons for some tools we haven't even written yet!!

So yes, one day we will have a contour tool - but not yet!!

Please hold Ctrl when starting the Beta, and choose to reset your settings - this should make the tools behave properly!

AndyS

• Staff

@MEB: No "Welcome to the Forum"?  ;)

OK, it is in the draw persona and all two tools are not functional. Obviously it's a bug. Here’s the screenshot. It shows the active draw persona and an object, selected with the Contour tool...

Maybe it is because i have arranged the tools as a floating palette instead of a docked one...

Welcome to Affinity Forums MacPinguin!

Sorry mate! My bad... but you dropped a bomb like that what where you expecting? ah!

I wasn't seeing anything (and still don't) and i've tried to undock the tools at the time but no luck. Probably because i was looking on Mavericks and this seems a Yosemite specific issue?

Anyway AndyS already put an (happy) end to this  -_- It's now official that a Contour tool is coming....

Dash lines is great, but I see a bug (I think).

A Layer Effect with a Gradient Overlay means you can't change the colour of the stroke - it always takes the colour of the gradient and ignores whatever is in the stroke colour.

Nearly there !

There are plenty more secrets lurking... but you'll have to keep digging! :)

You make product develoment and public beta testing sound like a Valve ARG. ^^

On a more serious note: I'm liking what I'm seeing, especially the pace. Keep it up! ;)

• Staff

What are Document palettes?

Document palettes are palettes that are saved with the document. One of the advantage (over global palettes) is that who ever you share the file with will also see the palette(s) that you have used.

We are planning to include linked colours with this so there is still more work to be done.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.