You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bezier Handles - Snap to 45° and 90° angles

Working with the pen tool, I've noticed that there is no way to snap the bezier handles to 45° and 90° angles once the node has been placed. Normally, this would be done by holding down the shift key while moving the bezier handle.  In Affinity designer, this locks the handle to the angle it was last placed at.

My suggestion would be to keep the current behavior,  but add an alternate keyboard shortcut that will lock the bezier handles to 45° and 90° (and possibly other) angles. Could be CMD + DRAG, CMD + SHIFT + DRAG, etc..

Thanks!

I agree. 

FWIW, as I was reviewing some info on Bezier curve editing today, I noticed that one person considered Bezier exactitude a symptom of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.  I have to admit that often seems a reasonable characterization. Altho' I would ague certain points of the description. :)

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Hah, maybe so.  There are definitely times when it is just easier to work with these angles instead of trying to guess, or get as close as possible. The behavior already exists when first creating nodes. I'd just like to see that behavior carried over to editing them later.

• 1 year later...