Darren

iCloud Drive Question

When i save a document if i choose the location as "Affinity Designer" even though i have iCloud drive set up on my Mac it saves as default to iCloud? (see attached)

I know that when i save a document i can choose to save to the iCloud drive folder but is there anyway to change the default save so when i choose to save to "Affinity Designer" it saves in iCloud drive rather than iCloud.

Kind of confused here.

post-1280-0-64986300-1415097365_thumb.jpg

Hi Darren,

when you activated "iCloud Drive" the old "iCloud" was removed from all your systems.

Everything saved on the iCloud Drive will be present at all your computers, phones and tablets with the same Apple ID. The easiest way to understand this is to consider "iCloud Drive" the new name for "iCloud".

Hi Darren,

when you activated "iCloud Drive" the old "iCloud" was removed from all your systems.

Everything saved on the iCloud Drive will be present at all your computers, phones and tablets with the same Apple ID. The easiest way to understand this is to consider "iCloud Drive" the new name for "iCloud".

This is where i am confused...

Look at both attachments, the document that i have saved in "affinity designer" under iCloud does not show up in the iCloud drive folder?? Why does affinity designer not put a folder in the iCloud drive folder like other apps such as pixelmator?

post-1280-0-72117600-1415100367_thumb.jpg

post-1280-0-38378900-1415100368_thumb.jpg

This is indeed confusing.

Have you checked online at www.icloud.com com? There is an "iCloud Drive" icon as well, containing more files and information that the Finder version (please do not ask me why).

In any case, when using the Affinity Designer opening dialogue, all your files should be present.

This is indeed confusing.

Have you checked online at www.icloud.com com? There is an "iCloud Drive" icon as well, containing more files and information that the Finder version (please do not ask me why).

In any case, when using the Affinity Designer opening dialogue, all your files should be present.

If i go to iCloud drive.com there is no affinity folder, nor is the saved document that appears to be saved in "iCloud"

I've got the same problem, iCloud Drive doesn't show up AF folder, but I could access my AF files in the cloud by using open dialog box of AF.

I did a quick test saving a file in iCloud Drive, when i open AF the file is presented as well.

jpkk68.png3323t6h.png

Yup, here too, you are right Darren, something's weird:

The files are shown neither online (icloud.com) nor is there a folder "Affinity Designer" in the Finder; Even showing hidden files doesn't work.

However, if I use the Finders search feature, I can locate the file by it's filename and the folder displayed is the non-existing folder "Affinity Designer".

As described, opening and working with the files works just fine.

Just to confirm i am using the latest version of AD that was in the app store today.

Well at least i now know that it is not a problem with just me or my Mac, hopefully a fix will be available soon.

I've moved this to the bugs section as that does not seem right. I'm not sure on exactly how it's supposed to work, but it seems like there might be some old iCloud logic knocking about so it's saving to iCloud instead of iCloud Drive. I'll get this logged so the team can look at it

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I have the same issue here. You can access to the Affinity Designer folder by "Go to Folder". It's not perfect but wile they don't solve the problem you can add and delete files manually.

Step1.jpg

Step2.jpg

It's worth me mentioning that I also have exactly the same behaviour in Pixelmator - but I can see earlier in this thread that other people have a folder visible in their iCloud Drive that I don't have for it?

The problem is that iDraw, which I have both apps on iOS & OSX doesn't show up in iCloud Drive, and I only have iWork suite on OSX.

Do you think it's the problem from Apple side?

Wanted to open an entry in the Bugs forum, since i have exactly the same problem. The AD folder doesn't show up under iCloud Drive when i try to access it via the Finder. Apparently, it's something other users encounter too.

Affinity Photo/Affinity Designer/Affinity Publisher | macOS 10.14 Catalina on MBP13 2013 | macOS 10.15 Mojave on MBP13 2017

Workaround does the job. Interesting to see that, when you follow the workaround and then click Cmd+Folder in the title bar, AD doesn't show an icon in the folder (unlike Pixelmator, Keynote...)

Affinity Photo/Affinity Designer/Affinity Publisher | macOS 10.14 Catalina on MBP13 2013 | macOS 10.15 Mojave on MBP13 2017

I was able to put the AD folder into my sidebar in Finder by searching for one of my AD files, clicking on it to reveal the path in the bottom of the finder, then dragging the AD file to the sidebar. This is another option as a workaround.

This fix would be very important for me too. I had another application in the past that did caused the same problem. That time I was told it was using some methods that was kind of related to the old iCloud feature, not iCloud Drive. However I am not sure about it. The AD app is great but this should be fixed soon. 

In my opinion the problem is in the AffinityDesigner iCloud logic, it uses the old logic of iCloud that store all files in MobileApplication.

I hope that you will release a fix asap, it's a small pain in the ... :)

<lendrius>
<equipment> MacBook Pro 15" Quad-Intel 8GB Samsung PRO SSD & 22" Asus LCD from old Linux Machine </equipment>
<education> Degree in Science of Communication </education>
<employ> WebDesigner & Front End Developer </employ>
<passion> Bass Player </passion>
</lendrius>

I have the same bug. I installed Affinity Designer in 10.9. I them upgraded to 10.10. Affinity Designer does not show up as a "icloud drive" folder. It seems it is considered as a old fashionned icloud. 

~/Library/Mobile documents folder does show (in Finder list) an Affinity Designer folder (it has IA writer, Keynote, umbers, Preview etc..)

doing a command line "ls -al" command does show a affinitydesigner entry :

drwxr-xr-x    4 usernamereplaced  501    136  4 mar 14:33 6LVTQB9699~com~seriflabs~affinitydesigner/

This folder includes a Documents/ folder with my affinity designer folder.

Hopefully this should all spring into life when we update the application on the Mac App Store. It needs iCloud to be enabled in the build (which we can't do for the beta builds as it is not allowed) and the version number of the application to be incremented, but from the testing we have done here, it seems to magically make the iCloud Drive folder visible.