You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta will not work after App Store update

• Staff

Hi everyone,

This is just a quick message to let everyone know that the Mac App Store update of Affinity Designer 1.1.2 is about to be released. As soon as you get the new update, your beta version will stop loading. We will have this problem fixed within a couple of hours of the App Store update, but you can work around it if you wish by running the beta before you update, now the beta will continue to run and not be affected by the update.

It's worth noting that the Mac App Store version is the same as the current beta version with the exception that it didn't have the OpenType GPOS support changes and the brush editor dialog was a slightly older version. Aside from that, I think there are no benefits of being able to run the beta instead.

We will update the beta as soon as possible after the Mac App Store update and have a new version back up for you with a range of new changes including dashed lines - hopefully within a couple of hours after the update goes live.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this temporary change causes.

Thanks again,

Matt

Hi,

Updated the stable version before the beta (man...), now it's prompting me with the "Retail version Required" popup.. 

Did you mean this would happen when you said "beta will not work after app store update", or is this something else? :)

Thanks,

B.

web & graphic designer :: front-end web developer :: illustrator

www.dribbble.com/bbwebdiz

A warning, too ... the App Store version *must* be in the main Applications folder ... I had placed it in a subfolder, Applications -> Drawing Tools, and the beta complained that I needed the App Store version. After moving the App Store version to the root Applications folder, all was well again. Apparently the beta *only* looks in the main folder. Perhaps the next time it could check in *both* the folder it's currently located *and* the main Applications folder?

• 5 months later...

I'm getting the same message as Tim Gummer. I've tried running the MAS app then the beta—no go. Is there a solution to this?

I have the last MAS version and latest beta.

Author and Publisher of novels, poetry and children's books. deon.ca

• Staff

RorydEon,

Are both the MAS and the Beta versions installed? You must have both installed.

Have you tried to restart the computer? If it still doesn't work, drag the MAS version to the trash and install it again from the Mac Store app. Also make sure you're running the latest Beta.

Let me now if you still have trouble. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.