You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.5 - Beta 13)

Hey guys,

Todays offering is a misfire on an outline FX - happens at certain zoom levels, as you can see in the attached example the outline (which should be a few pixels) expands to what appears to be bounding volumes of the objects in the group.

Haven't seen it previously. Can try to isolate it in a file if required?

post-6493-0-23526900-1473949008_thumb.png

I posted the idea of reverse constraints as a feature request (https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/22706-reverse-constraints) a while ago, but haven't heard the thoughts of the developers. Maybe it's more appropriate to discuss this feature in this beta-topic since 1.5 is the first version with constraints? I'm curious to know what you think of it!

I posted the idea of reverse constraints as a feature request (https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/22706-reverse-constraints) a while ago, but haven't heard the thoughts of the developers. Maybe it's more appropriate to discuss this feature in this beta-topic since 1.5 is the first version with constraints? I'm curious to know what you think of it!

Interesting idea.

We sometimes implement this in games when considering the size change to copy under localisation. Mostly though the design can't accommodate size changes so it's a better practice for us to work with a character limits - everywhere!

Can you think of general use cases that would make this feature useful to a wide group - that might be a good way to get an idea on the roadmap of the developers :)

Interesting idea.

We sometimes implement this in games when considering the size change to copy under localisation. Mostly though the design can't accommodate size changes so it's a better practice for us to work with a character limits - everywhere!

Can you think of general use cases that would make this feature useful to a wide group - that might be a good way to get an idea on the roadmap of the developers :)

Well, to be honest I think the people that design a lot of equal looking buttons (website designers and interface designers) is already quite a wide group of Affinity-users. It can also be used to give a titles or text-frames a colored background that extends as the text increases. This example also applies to print-design. Of course typographic designs and interfaces would benefit the most from reverse constraints.

• Staff

Hey guys,

Todays offering is a misfire on an outline FX - happens at certain zoom levels, as you can see in the attached example the outline (which should be a few pixels) expands to what appears to be bounding volumes of the objects in the group.

Haven't seen it previously. Can try to isolate it in a file if required?

It's probably quite a specific bug - if you're able to send us a version of the file that you don't mind us looking at, I'm sure we can get it sorted? :)

Thanks!

Matt

ADß is shaping up beautifully. Great work!

When expanding a stroke, I feel the result consists of a lot more vertices than should be strictly necessary. For shapes I would use 6, maybe 8 Affinity Designer (ß too) ends up with 24.

Continued shape modification would be a lot easier if the shape had fewer control points.

Possible?

ADß is shaping up beautifully. Great work!

When expanding a stroke, I feel the result consists of a lot more vertices than should be strictly necessary. For shapes I would use 6, maybe 8 Affinity Designer (ß too) ends up with 24.

Continued shape modification would be a lot easier if the shape had fewer control points.

Possible?

Hi Gatada, this is a fairly consistent issue and has been brought up numerous times in the forums. I believe it's being looked into.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.