You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.5 - Beta 13)

00Ghz,

Just to let you know, copying (and cutting) and pasting is working fine for me in this beta. Whenever I copy something or cut something and then paste it. The objects are always in the same place (just on a different layer normally).

I don't know but I think if you use the Node tool and select an object and then do a "command + a" it will select all the nodes. 

Hokusai

MattP,

I noticed that in Beta 13, the Swatches Palette always defaults to the "Grey" colours which is super annoying as I don't need to use so many greys. In previous versions, it remembered which Palette I had last used and it defaulted to that which is what I would like and expect it to do. Is this a bug? 

Hokusai

• Staff

Hi parameciuzhewk,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We are aware of it. This wasn't fixed yet. Thanks.

@00Ghz,

Can you give us more details? Are you referring to copy/pasting from artboard based documents or regular documents? Which object type are you copy/pasting? A sample file could help. This may be specific to your document.

⌘ (cmd) + A selects all nodes if you have the Node Tool selected.

• Staff

It's not the keyboard layout, it's the input source language.

For example, when I have Greek as an input source language the Z key for zooming doesn't work or the P or V

or any other keyboard shortcut doesn't work when I am in Greek, I have to change the input source language to English to work.

This is now fixed for the next beta release. :)

• Staff

MattP,

I noticed that in Beta 13, the Swatches Palette always defaults to the "Grey" colours which is super annoying as I don't need to use so many greys. In previous versions, it remembered which Palette I had last used and it defaulted to that which is what I would like and expect it to do. Is this a bug? 

Hokusai

It should remember your last palette unless your palette you last selected is a document palette. In which case it might not be able to switch to it if the document being shown doesn't have that palette.

• Staff

The app is still crashing when adding a compound path to a constrained group.

It's the only thing that prevents me from using constraints. I'm so tired of resizing/replacing everything by hand.  :(

I still haven't had chance to fix this, but it is on my radar...

Hi parameciuzhewk,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We are aware of it. This wasn't fixed yet. Thanks.

@00Ghz,

Can you give us more details? Are you referring to copy/pasting from artboard based documents or regular documents? Which object type are you copy/pasting? A sample file could help. This may be specific to your document.

⌘ (cmd) + A selects all nodes if you have the Node Tool selected.

I am attempting to paste images in the pasteboard.

Also some issue that still ain’t fixed, when I rasterize an image outside the artboards, stop making it vanish :)

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

Hey Guys, Applying styles is a bit ropey for me. Some values aren't drawing correctly.

For example in the screenshot below the style has been applied to a group but I need to manually select a colour on the gradient and tweak its value a bit for the gradient to pop back! Also when applying another style it scales the text I apply it to  :huh:

Keep up the great work. 

post-6493-0-31637100-1473772788_thumb.png

• Staff

Hey Guys, Applying styles is a bit ropey for me. Some values aren't drawing correctly.

For example in the screenshot below the style has been applied to a group but I need to manually select a colour on the gradient and tweak its value a bit for the gradient to pop back! Also when applying another style it scales the text I apply it to  :huh:

Keep up the great work. 

Hi Malcolm,

I've just realised why this is... The style contains a gradient fill, but a group can't draw a fill. When you use the gradient tool on a group it actually applies the fill to all the children, but when you apply the style to the group it doesn't. When you edit the fill with the tool afterwards it will apply that fill to all the children again, so it will suddenly appear to work.

There's nothing untoward happening, but it's not being very helpful, so we can probably try to look at that. Thanks :)

Matt

Hi Malcolm,

I've just realised why this is... The style contains a gradient fill, but a group can't draw a fill. When you use the gradient tool on a group it actually applies the fill to all the children, but when you apply the style to the group it doesn't. When you edit the fill with the tool afterwards it will apply that fill to all the children again, so it will suddenly appear to work.

There's nothing untoward happening, but it's not being very helpful, so we can probably try to look at that. Thanks :)

Matt

Thanks for adding this to the list.

It also feels like a bug because if I set up the style on the group - save the style - and apply it back to the same group (after clearing the setup) it exhibits the issues. Or when switching between styles on the group it appears to have not worked. So quite confusing, if the children inherited when the style is applied that would be great.

I leave it in your capable hands :)  

Symbol not being created...

Matt P,

Have a scene in which I duplicated a symbol, detached it. Made some tweaks and tried to make another Symbol, I say tried as it won't store it as a new symbol.

If I ungroup the parts and re-group them it will make the symbol. So perhaps some metadata left when the symbol was detached that won't let it become a symbol again???  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:

If it's of interest I can e-mail it over to you?

• Staff

Symbol not being created...

Matt P,

Have a scene in which I duplicated a symbol, detached it. Made some tweaks and tried to make another Symbol, I say tried as it won't store it as a new symbol.

If I ungroup the parts and re-group them it will make the symbol. So perhaps some metadata left when the symbol was detached that won't let it become a symbol again???  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:

If it's of interest I can e-mail it over to you?

I can imagine what that one is - I'll sort it out now, thanks! :)

Thank you for the symbols feature. This was so badly needed I am reverting back to Illustrator for projects.

Additionally, I desperately need the "select similar" ability that Illustrator offers. For example, to select similar stroke widths across the entire design.

I have a bug report:

When nested inside a symbol, using "Break curve" on the node of an object that is a curve deletes the entire shape.

When I try to undo, the entire app crashes.

I've submitted reports to Apple on that twice. I assume you folks get these?

• Staff

I've submitted reports to Apple on that twice. I assume you folks get these?

We get a crash report that gives the current call stack, so we can see what the function is - but we normally have no context around that, so can't see how you got there or what the document structure looked like. Your simple explanation of the problem makes it much easier to debug - thank you :)

How I can test the Beta version of Affinity without buying a license? Is there any chance? Thank you

You can’t and aren’t supposed to. The beta is for customers only (hence the name “Customer Beta”) and is there to test new features, not to try the application before buying. You can do that with the regular trial version. Consider the beta a perk for owners of the software.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.