You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Object with outline exports very poorly to SVG

Working with simple shapes creates simple SVG files, but the moment I add an outline the path...  Well, haha, it becomes a nightmare.  

TWO objects are exported: the solid fill object, and the outline object (why?).  The fill object is fine, but the outline has gone from 10 control points to ~2200.

inkad.png

Best I can figure AD is doing this because it doesn't do outlines the same way SVG does, but since SVG supports strokes of different widths and miter types, I don't know what, specifically, the issue is.

If I export a solid object, it works as expected, same number of points in AD and Inkscape.    Add an outline, and hahaha ouch.

I'd love to know what's up with this and whether AD just can't do outlines->SVG without becoming unwieldy.  

• Staff

Hiya NFG,

This is a known issue that is already with the developers. The problem occurs when you use Mitre Joins and export to SVG. However we are looking to improve it in the future!

Thanks!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

We believe this is fixed in the current betas and will be included in the 1.6 release

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.