Hi,

I often experience that when I want to rename a layer:

- I double-click on the layer name then

- the text got selected, marked and the mouse cursor appears

BUT

in that moment (which is immediately after the double click) when I wanna start typing the name field got "closed" as I would have pressed enter or return (and so a wild toggling of several tools begins ... instead of typing the new layer name.

It does not occur everytime I do a FAST DOUBLE CLICK on the layer name - but regularly.

If I use "click - pause - click" to get into the input field it hasn't happened yet (so this is definitely a good workaround, but it costs more time)

Good night,

Stefan.

AD_Bug_LayerNameField.mov

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;

MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM

Hi Schubi63,

A few of us have been trying this and we cannot get it to happen. Not even once  :( 

What kind of hardware are you using? We've just tried using a regular keyboard and mouse.

Do you have any software that adds/changes keyboard shortcuts at all?

Thanks!

Hi Chris,

I use a MacBookPro (hw+os specifications are listed in my signature).

And no, I don't have any extra software that changes keyboard shortcuts at all.

But we can except that this is a hardware bug, right? I was just thinking about unwanted click/touch-events cause by the MacBooks touch-pad ... but this should caused problems everywhere (not only in the layer-name-field in AD).

I try to reproduce this issue.

Stefan.

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;

Hey Chris,

I just did the following:

1.) created a new document

2.) created a new layer (3rd icon from the right in bottom line of layers

3.) moved the mouse cursor to the automatically selected "Ebene1" exactly over the name "Ebene1"

4.) double-tabbed on the touch-pad on my MacBookPro

but then I did the same steps on a second new document ... and nothing happened :/

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;

but then I did the same steps on a second new document ... and nothing happened :/

File specific perhaps? There might be some sort of lag from the document causing this. Any chance we could get a copy of it to test?

It wasn't a "real file" - just a new document, not saved or something and on top of that the strange behavior:

- was gone, after the second document has been created

- normally if this issue occurs ... it disappears after a while (as recorded and shown in the original post).

I don't think it's file based. Therefore it happened here too infrequent and in brand new documents as well as in old ones.

But next time when it happens, I can save that file for you. But as I said, there is no guarantee of reproducing it. Even not for me. 

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;

Hi Schubi63 and A_B_C,

I've been able to reproduce this issue however it's only been on macOS Sierra - are you (or A_B_C) using this? I've been unable to reproduce it on El Capitan

The problem occurs when you attempt to rename an object that is already selected and you double click quite fast. A single click or double clicking with the object deselected will allow you to rename it.

I'll get it reported to the devs!

I've been able to reproduce this issue however it's only been on macOS Sierra - are you (or A_B_C) using this? I've been unable to reproduce it on El Capitan

I'll get it reported to the devs!

Hi Sean P,

that's great! :) It happens here on my system as I said regularly - and yes double click on a selected layer. I use the following system constellation 

post-26509-0-84965700-1473762978_thumb.png

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;