You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

After opening the program, the screen doesn't show.

When the first downloaded the program, it was opening fine, it would load and the opening black screen would show.

Yesterday I download some pictures to open and then something happened. Now when I open the program, it shows the opening logo and everything and it shows at the bottom that its opened and when i hover on the toolbar it shows this (check attachment).

But when I actually click on the program on the toolbar it doesn't open full screen, its really weird. 

Has anyone else had this problem?, I have tried uninstalling and restarting but its the same.

I am using windows 8.1. 

FIXED:went into  %APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0 (Beta) folder) and deleted it.

post-36375-0-24129300-1473176605_thumb.png

• Staff

We've seen a couple of times the location for the program window get incorrectly saved (it tries to place the program window somewhere that isn't visible basically), I reckon you've encountered this.

Can you remember anything specific you were doing the last time you used the application? Also do you have more than one monitor (or more specifically, did you have one the last time you used the app?)

If you hold down CTRL while running up the program and tick all the boxes it will do a reset, and should solve the issue for you. But if you can give us any information to help reproduce it that would be great.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.