You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Anamorphic pixel aspect ratio

Hi,

I love Affinity Photo. There's only one feature that keeps me from switching completely and opening Photoshop anymore. I'm doing lots of Pixel Art for Games and in Photoshop, you can set the pixel aspect ratio to be other than square.

post-36359-0-89023400-1473159936_thumb.png

Here you can see that a pixel is actually 2:1, 2 pixels wide and 1 pixel tall.

This is the standard multicolor mode for many old computers like the C64, Plus/4 etc.

It would be fantastic to have this on your feature list.

I can't stand using Photoshop anymore. Help me.

Cheers, 

Esshahn

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am using anamorphic lenses to take photographs and I need to change the size of the image in percentage, that is, instead of units of measurement (cm, pixels, etc.) it would be nice to put the % that will be magnified.

In my case it is 133% horizontal and 100% vertical.

I think it's not a difficult feature to implement.

Cheers. David

• Staff

Hi david_fms,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can use expressions in the input field in the Transform panel to achieve this. So for example to set the width of an image to half just add *50% after the existing value (or alternatively you can aslo use this notation replacing the existing value *=50%)

Check this topic (Expressions for field input) in the help file for additional info.

Ooops!, what a shame I feel. For not reading carefully the manuals.

Then...

To resample an image:

1. From the Document menu, select Resize Document.

2. Ensure the Resample option is switched on.

3. Enter your new document dimensions in the Size boxesleft box for width=133%, right box for height=100%. o To resize the width and height independently, click the lock icon (to unlock) between the Size boxes.

4. (Optional) Select a different measurement unit from the Units pop-up menu. Rulers will update to the new measurement unit.

5. Change the DPI to control the number of pixels (dots) which will be printed per inch when your document is printed. Set higher values (e.g., 300dpi) for professional printing.

6. Select a Resample method from the pop-up menu.

7. Click Resize.

Thank you very much for the response and welcome :)

Hi,

After having used these a few days ago ON1 Photo RAW and Luminar 2018, I think my money is going to go to Affinity Photo (present and future).

For now it is the only software that was able to resolve my problems with the anamorphic lenses using a script.

Now if you added a DAM, then the circle is closed.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...