You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is this a known restriction?

I recorded a macro this afternoon which included, among other things, saving the file. While the macro recorder captured everything prior to the save it did not record the save itself. Is this a known restriction? Or should it have recorded the save as well?

I tried both File -> Save and Cmd-S but neither recorded.

• Staff

I've just created a Macro that includes File > Save and it seems to work. However, after running the Macro and closing the app I'm prompted to save the file because it's been modified. If I click Don't Save and then reopen the document the changes have actually been saved to the file. It seems saving within a Macro is working but Affinity doesn't detect the save when closing the document.

I will log this with our developers.

I've just created a Macro that includes File > Save and it seems to work. However, after running the Macro and closing the app I'm prompted to save the file because it's been modified. If I click Don't Save and then reopen the document the changes have actually been saved to the file. It seems saving within a Macro is working but Affinity doesn't detect the save when closing the document.

I will log this with our developers.

Does the save show up as step in your macro? It did not in mine but perhaps it recorded without being visible?

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

The "Save" item has been disabled (for now - it might come back one day if we make it work). sorry this is not yet completely fixed.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

This is less of a bug more of a long standing improvement request that will take quite a lot of development to make it work. We are focusing on fixing lots of bugs in 1.6 and will probably have a 1.7 cycle that can better address new features and improvements.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.