You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If developers provide the facility to set the angle at the ends of the stroke line or Pencil tool line ends, the work of the calligraphy tool will be done. The developers should at least provide this simple option.

On 11/5/2022 at 6:03 PM, YoBa said:

you have to have this. 
this is really bad, I switched to Affinity after many years of illustrator and I cant believe this feature doesnt exist. this is an essential feature for how I create logo type.

is this going to happen or are we doomed to Adobe?

Yes, there will never be a replacement for Illustrator. Affinty programs are rather toys, not suitable for work, too many bugs, too many missing essential features, not even tracing. (even inkscape has it and it's free)

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, bluearch said:

Does anyone know how we can edit the actual nib shape, rather than just change what the nib does?

I think you might have to create a new brush, using a new image as the source. Or, at a minimum, edit the brush, add a new image, and possibly remove the old one.

-- Walt

Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 22H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 
Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 22H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
        Affinity Photo 1.10.6 (.1665) and 2.1.0 and 2.1.0. beta/ Affinity Designer 1.10.6 (.1665)  and 2.1.0  and 2.1.0 beta / Affinity Publisher 1.10.6 (.1665)  and 2.1.0  and 2.1.0beta
iPad Pro M1, 12.9", iPadOS 16.4.1 (a), Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard

Affinity Photo 1.10.7 and 2.1.0 and 2.1.0 beta/ Affinity Designer 1.10.7 and 2.1.0 and 2.1.0 beta/ Affinity Publisher 2.1.0 and 2.1.0 beta

• 1 month later...

Hello,

im a newbie in designer, but maybe I've found a possibilty for calligraphy brush.

i started with creating a new round brush and applied these settings first (1-round brush.png)

Then I assigned the distance setting to 1% (2-round brush.png)

for my first test it works, and I have to check the other settings

best regards

Guenter

1-round brush.png

2-round brush.png

3-round brush.png