You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

23 hours ago, Carlos M said:

Wow I’m upset this isn’t there…

I assumed it was a foundation basic 

meh

I think it was one of the things "coming soon" in 2014. Serif should send out a search party.

On 5/31/2021 at 11:36 AM, anon2 said:

It was on the roadmap years ago if not exactly 2014, but the public roadmap has been removed

Edit: http://web.archive.org/web/20180614200316/https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/842-affinity-designer-feature-roadmap/

Wow, thanks for digging this up! I wonder where and why they decided to move (delete?) this thread.

Lots of nice features I've been looking/longing for since the first Designer Beta, besides Calligraphic line styles of course.

1. Multiple Effects per shape (we're lucky we got those multiple fills and strokes I guess)
  2. Convert Pixel selection to Vector shape (would be a nice thing to have at least basic image tracing)
  3. Replicate/Blend (pleeease!)

Let's hope for a surprise in a (hopefully soon) future update. 🤞

Cheers

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

4 hours ago, MrDoodlezz said:

I wonder where and why they decided to move (delete?) this thread.

They deleted the topic because too many people assumed that if something was on the roadmap it was guaranteed to be added to the app.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

7 hours ago, PhilOsborne said:

Fancy assuming a roadmap was a roadmap and not just a wishlist?!

It was more than a wish list but less than a guarantee that anything on it would make it into the app 'soonish' if ever. For example, some things on it were being worked on when they were added but ended up being shelved because they caused too many hard to diagnose & fix bugs in the existing code.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

PLEASEEEEEE ADD THIS FEATURE. I love everything else about AD but sadly think I will have to make the move back to working in photoshop if this isn't added in the next update. It's crucial to my work. please and thank you

tom 

• 1 month later...

i'm so confused to see that it's been almost 5 years and so many ppl over here strive together to talk about this essential up date ...
what's however on the MAIN AFFINITY FORUM OF THE COMPANY like ... What the heck ? ! 

No freaking solution till now ??? fo real ???  this is crazy ... 
it's a bit disappointing ... even if affinity team already made a MAD work to put this successful and wonderful software out ... 

but clearly there really need to hurry and set this up ... 

• 2 months later...

+1

Designer's way of displaying  strokes is far from perfect and it should have been completely rewritten but I believe adding elliptical brush tip instead of circle should work even with the current (rather simplified) method.

The elliptical brush can be somewhat faked by adjusting the pressure profile but unfortunately it is quite annoying process if you do it by hand.

However, I just got the idea the same thing could be handled automatically by the app. The pressure profile would be a function of the angle in each part of the curve/stroke. I think it would not be even too difficult to code it... 😏

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi adding in my vote as well, I have been following this post for years now, a calligraphic brush is a must for vector designer. Only for this feature I have to rely on other vector tools. I request to developers please grant us this wish, it would be huge update for us who mostly needed customize calligrafic texts for their designs most of the times.

• 2 months later...

you have to have this. 
this is really bad, I switched to Affinity after many years of illustrator and I cant believe this feature doesnt exist. this is an essential feature for how I create logo type.

is this going to happen or are we doomed to Adobe?

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, bluearch said:

Does anyone know if the new V2 has calligraphy brush possibilities? 

No, no vector calligraphy yet.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.