You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta - 1.5.0.15 (Windows)

Where can I find out?

Never mind. I see it, and yes there is.

Did you try running as administrator?

​I had a similar issue when i updated to the UA update on win10 with numerous apps.  I ended up re-installing a fresh full version of win10 AU.  From what i red it had to do with the user account getting messed up.

Did you try running as administrator?

​I had a similar issue when i updated to the UA update on win10 with numerous apps.  I ended up re-installing a fresh full version of win10 AU.  From what i red it had to do with the user account getting messed up.

Well I reset factory settings about 2 or 3 months ago to get Windows 8 back because my system was changing in 10 with their forced updates. I didn't run as administrator, no, but I think the newer versions of Windows just lack a lot of support, and then we pay the price.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Guys.

Cant export PDF version of this file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai-TMCBCkaWog6Jbrzj4367zC-bydg

This stop in "exporting..."

It likely will create a PDF on your system. Just walk away, make a cup of coffee or tea, sit out on the porch for a while. You get the picture.

It will take an inordinate amount of time. But it will create the PDF. Most of it will get flattened into bitmaps.

post-255-0-67110400-1472928073_thumb.png

I'm getting 'Affinity Designer has been restarted after a serious error' every time I launch 1.5.0.15. I've not had this with any of the earlier betas nor with 1.5.0.15 since installing it until just recently.

I had a NVIDIA (GTX 870M) graphics card driver update within the past 48 hours or so...I wonder?  

post-31958-0-13937000-1472965330_thumb.jpg      23791994-bac6-42d0-8f1f-2c62d687b95f.dmp      line_crash.afdesign

I'm getting 'Affinity Designer has been restarted after a serious error' every time I launch 1.5.0.15.

Do the crashes stop if you reset the program? In case you didn't know, you do this by pressing the Ctrl key, keeping it held down while you launch the program and then pressing the 'Clear' button in the Clear User Data dialog that pops up.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Do the crashes stop if you reset the program? In case you didn't know, you do this by pressing the Ctrl key, keeping it held down while you launch the program and then pressing the 'Clear' button in the Clear User Data dialog that pops up.

Unfortunately not! The same restart notice pops up. Also, I switched graphics card to the Intel one...no go with that either.

I'm going to re-install - clear out as many traces of the current install as possible beforehand. If there's a positive outcome I'll post back here. 

All good now    :)

Uninstalled as per usual Windows 10 'Programs and Features'. Deleted Affinity + Affinity Common folders from Affinity and Serif/ in both Program Files and AppData. Ran CCleaner to remove other traces. Fresh install of 1.5.0.15

One thing worth pointing out - My initial install of 1.5.0.15 (on top of 1.5.0.14) installed into Program Files/Serif/Affinity ...etc. I was quite surprised to see it there because didn't the install path change a couple of betas ago to Program Files/Affinity? The only thing in Program Files/Affinity was the Common folder. This fresh install is in Program Files/Affinity.

It's good to hear that it's all sorted now. Thanks for the update! (I hadn't noticed, by the way, that the install path had changed.)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

One thing worth pointing out - My initial install of 1.5.0.15 (on top of 1.5.0.14) installed into Program Files/Serif/Affinity ...etc. I was quite surprised to see it there because didn't the install path change a couple of betas ago to Program Files/Affinity? The only thing in Program Files/Affinity was the Common folder. This fresh install is in Program Files/Affinity.

Hello PedroOfOz,

Mark Ingram (Moderator) gave me an explanation to this a couple of days ago  :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Thank you man!!! I will try on my 4 core pc.

BTW, I meant to include this in my post above and forgot. If you export as a PDFX-4, the vectors remain vectors, the export is fast and doesn't create an ~14 meg PDF.

I didn't try other PDF types and so didn't try the Rasterize Nothing setting. However, I do run into this frequently. AD will create bitmaps all too easily even when there shouldn't be any in the PDF, and so I have had to try multiple settings in exporting PDFs. Silly.

Mike

BTW, I meant to include this in my post above and forgot. If you export as a PDFX-4, the vectors remain vectors, the export is fast and doesn't create an ~14 meg PDF.

I didn't try other PDF types and so didn't try the Rasterize Nothing setting. However, I do run into this frequently. AD will create bitmaps all too easily even when there shouldn't be any in the PDF, and so I have had to try multiple settings in exporting PDFs. Silly.

Mike

Oh boy, more PDF trouble. I remember that topic. Haha.

You said that you didn't try the Rasterize Nothing setting. Might that be the problem? From our conversation, I understood that Illustrator (if you were using previously for PDFX-4s) is the only or one of the few programs that sustains vector quality when exporting files to vector PDFs without making the right adjustments. But then again, I think you have more knowledge when it comes to exporting.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

AD will create bitmaps all too easily even when there shouldn't be any in the PDF, and so I have had to try multiple settings in exporting PDFs. Silly.

Not just in PDF. AD will create bitmaps all too easily in SVG exports even when it could be using SVG filters. That is why I never use AD’s own effects, but export to SVG and apply effects in Inkscape or by directly coding them in SVG.

I don't know if anyone here are facing the same issue. Every time I click in some object it moves by itself, couple of pixels, some times more and sometimes less. I've just installed the last version and the issue persist.

Someone are facing this?

Thanks Affinity team!

I had that problem also and it was mouse acceleration - turned it off in windows 10 and that solved the problem for me.  I hope that helps.

:wub: My Rig :ph34r:
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/JcgBVn

Oh boy, more PDF trouble. I remember that topic. Haha.

You said that you didn't try the Rasterize Nothing setting. Might that be the problem? From our conversation, I understood that Illustrator (if you were using previously for PDFX-4s) is the only or one of the few programs that sustains vector quality when exporting files to vector PDFs without making the right adjustments. But then again, I think you have more knowledge when it comes to exporting.

I did use the Raterize Nothing on the PDF/X-4, just not any other combinations.

I have strong opinions about AD's implementation of its PDF exporting that are best left to myself.

hello.

iam using affinity designer for windows.
for the first time iam using affinity i love it,i think this app will be great for alternative design app.
before using affinity iam using inkscape,and inkscape able to eps format compatible with illustrator 8 or 10 with this script http://primandras.hu/inkscape-ai-compatible-eps-exporter/

but when iam using affinity not to be compatible with illustrator 8 or 10.

very unfortunate with amazing design app like affinity designer can not support compatible ai eps.
i hope affinity designer as an alternative design app for young designers.

thanks.

best regards.

:( Very grateful version of the test.

I am a test users from China. Sorry my English is not very good, but I'm really very fond Affinity, I just want you to know that.

At present, I tested the latest version 15.0.15 on win7.

There have been some very serious problems, hoping to get your help.

After I opened the image, I used hand tool to move the canvas. Program error will occur, leading to exit.

Then we will continue to support you!

thank! ^_^

post-36281-0-02738900-1473046754_thumb.jpg

:( Very grateful version of the test.
I am a test users from China. Sorry my English is not very good, but I'm really very fond Affinity, I just want you to know that.
At present, I tested the latest version 15.0.15 on win7.
There have been some very serious problems, hoping to get your help.
After I opened the image, I used hand tool to move the canvas. Program error will occur, leading to exit.
Then we will continue to support you!
thank! ^_^

If you go to Explorer (Win+E) and paste the following into your address bar:

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports

Can you attach one of the files here, so I can take a look?

If you go to Explorer (Win+E) and paste the following into your address bar:

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports

Can you attach one of the files here, so I can take a look?

thank you for your reply.
I find the document, unfortunately, I could not find a file inside the file.
sad. . .

post-36281-0-52697100-1473064540_thumb.jpg